Moparts

A-Body convertible seals

Posted By: RCKTMN

A-Body convertible seals - 08/05/19 12:30 AM

Hello,

I am looking for recommendations (and warnings) for a 1968 Dodge Dart GT convertible roof seal kit. I was looking at the Steele Rubber Products kit. Does anyone have any experience with their kit on a '67-69 A-Body. Any other brands that hit it out of the park quality-wise?

Thanks in advance for your replies,
Paul
Posted By: calif67rt

Re: A-Body convertible seals - 08/11/19 05:08 PM

SoffSeal (soffseal.com) makes the kits. You can order directly from them or go to Year One or Classic Industries. I ordered some recently and checked prices. They were about the same. I ordered thru Classic Industries as I have a lot of other items needed for the car I am trying to restore.
Posted By: jbc426

Re: A-Body convertible seals - 08/12/19 03:04 PM

I used Soft Seal's products to replace all the seals my 68 A-Body convertible. While you are at it, grab some Black 3M Super Weatherstrip adhesive.

The convertible seals are relatively easy to put in, and all their seals worked great..

https://www.steelerubber.com/convertible-roof-rail-kit-70-1928-65
Posted By: RCKTMN

Re: A-Body convertible seals - 08/13/19 03:31 PM

Thanks for your replies.

It's always good to hear from users of a product before laying one's cash on the line.

beer
Posted By: burdar

Re: A-Body convertible seals - 08/13/19 03:43 PM

DMT(Detroit Muscle Tech) sells all the other foam gaskets and seals for the convertible top as well.(they sell them for the entire car actually)
© 2024 Moparts Forums