Moparts

2016 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi Tuner?

Posted By: wkroncke17

2016 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi Tuner? - 07/27/19 02:32 AM

All,
Looking to “liven” up my 6.4 Hemi in my truck.
I’ve used the tuners on diesels before and they do quite a bit.
Seems the Hemi has some that ads maybe only 25 HP?
All advice is very much appreciated!

Wally.

Re: 2016 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi Tuner? - 07/29/19 05:23 PM

Anyone??
Maybe I should have bought another diesel..... shruggy
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: 2016 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi Tuner? - 07/29/19 06:45 PM

Have you checked with Hemifever or Flyin' Ryan Performance (FRPtuning.com)? Both do custom tunes, but I'm not sure about the 6.4.

Re: 2016 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi Tuner? - 07/30/19 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by Fat_Mike
Have you checked with Hemifever or Flyin' Ryan Performance (FRPtuning.com)? Both do custom tunes, but I'm not sure about the 6.4.

I will do that. Thank you!
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: 2016 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi Tuner? - 07/30/19 02:00 AM

C'mon Mike, please don't suggest these Hacks.

HemiFever and Flyin' Retard are likely to get their legs broke if any of the Truck Guys ever find out where they live for the amount of vehicles they locked up and had to go back to the dealer for re-programming ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$).

The Daimler and forward era Hemis are uncrackable, this is common knowledge (but still ignored by people with their heads in their asses). Changing the shift points and fooling the ECU to think the engine is in "cold, closed loop" operation is not an "upgrade". This has all been debunked (google it) so move on with your lives. The Gen 3 Hemis are over 1 hp per cubic inch and still beating emissions: they are on the ragged edge of performance/compliance. Stepping over the compliance threshold means carburetion, expensive intake manifold, and expensive but unreliable ignition set up. It's been done, but the gains are hardly worth the expense.

Re: 2016 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi Tuner? - 07/30/19 02:21 AM

If you really want excess power Wkroncke17, I would research using a hellcat computer on your 6.4 with a turbo or two. It's something I've thought about.

Re: 2016 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi Tuner? - 07/30/19 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by Grizzly

C'mon Mike, please don't suggest these Hacks.

HemiFever and Flyin' Retard are likely to get their legs broke if any of the Truck Guys ever find out where they live for the amount of vehicles they locked up and had to go back to the dealer for re-programming ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$).

The Daimler and forward era Hemis are uncrackable, this is common knowledge (but still ignored by people with their heads in their asses). Changing the shift points and fooling the ECU to think the engine is in "cold, closed loop" operation is not an "upgrade". This has all been debunked (google it) so move on with your lives. The Gen 3 Hemis are over 1 hp per cubic inch and still beating emissions: they are on the ragged edge of performance/compliance. Stepping over the compliance threshold means carburetion, expensive intake manifold, and expensive but unreliable ignition set up. It's been done, but the gains are hardly worth the expense.

Gotcha. Well it’s my everyday truck, not gonna go nuts.
So after hear that Grizz, I think I’ll leave well enough alone.

Re: 2016 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi Tuner? - 07/30/19 12:44 PM

You bet Wally, I'm glad that new Gas Pot is working out for you. up Are the firestones still on it or are the cords showing on them? wink

The only thing that can be done is electric fan (if it doesn't have one already) to free up 4 or 5 hp.

The biggest thing you can do is whack the catalytic convertors out (about 25hp), but, unfortunately, no way to get into the factory computer to shut the downstream O2 sensor off so, it can't be done: You'll have check engine light forever, and if I'm not mistaken, some of this new stuff will actually de-rate the hp.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: 2016 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi Tuner? - 07/30/19 04:14 PM

https://www.ramforum.com/
© 2024 Moparts Forums