Moparts

best source for challenger eng wiring harness?

Posted By: jeff968

best source for challenger eng wiring harness? - 07/21/19 03:08 AM

Hi, Challenger wouldn't start. Traced it to corrosion in the engine compartment wiring harness so I need a new one. Suggestions on where to get one? Thanks!
Posted By: VCODE

Re: best source for challenger eng wiring harness? - 07/21/19 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by jeff968
Hi, Challenger wouldn't start. Traced it to corrosion in the engine compartment wiring harness so I need a new one. Suggestions on where to get one? Thanks!

M&H wire harness. You can get it at Mega Parts or Year one. Check with Jamie at Mega first.
Bob
Posted By: ricomondo

Re: best source for challenger eng wiring harness? - 07/22/19 12:17 AM

Second vote for the M&H harness. But they do not sell the Mopar harness direct. As stated above, you have to go through Year 1 or another vendor. They are wonderful products.
Posted By: Montclaire

Re: best source for challenger eng wiring harness? - 07/22/19 02:09 AM

There was another guy making them - Bob Evans maybe? Very nice for a driver type car and fairly priced. I think he used to advertise in MCG.
Posted By: tman

Re: best source for challenger eng wiring harness? - 07/22/19 02:19 AM

Year One always has discount ads, some up to 30% off.
Posted By: jeff968

Re: best source for challenger eng wiring harness? - 07/22/19 01:48 PM

Thank you
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: best source for challenger eng wiring harness? - 07/22/19 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Montclaire
There was another guy making them - Bob Evans maybe? Very nice for a driver type car and fairly priced. I think he used to advertise in MCG.

If anyone uses an Evans harness, go thru it and check the crimp connections. I bought an Evans harness for my wagon years back. I had to make a slight change to it (that was 100% my fault when I placed the order), but if I hadn't unwrapped the harness to make that change, I wouldn't have found the issue. I have read of others having similar issues with the Evans harness.
Posted By: tman

Re: best source for challenger eng wiring harness? - 07/22/19 06:02 PM

Both companies can have issues. I know a guy that got a new M&H harness for this big block cuda. His battery would not charge. After many many hours of trying to figure it out, he had to go to a pro. The problem was the wiring to the regulator. He contacted Year One and they replaced it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums