Moparts

Simple question; who sells correct Dark Argent rallye paint

Posted By: PAULS_340

Simple question; who sells correct Dark Argent rallye paint - 07/21/19 02:49 AM

Bought one can of spray '71 Dark Argent rallye wheel center cap paint, only to spend 300 hours tapping all four off [you know what I mean], only to have the color cure out Light Argent. Took it back to that very well know Dodge/Chrysler Dealer on Gratiot, only to be told, yea we know!!!! Are you effing kidding me? All they did was offer me another can; WITH THE SAME LOT #. Who makes the correct Dark Argent? Thanks.
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: Simple question; who sells correct Dark Argent rallye paint - 07/21/19 04:27 AM

Nothing in a rattle-can will be close. Frank Badelson or Instrument Specialties both offer high-level reproductions often used on O.E. level restorations. About the only thing better would be NOS paint.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Simple question; who sells correct Dark Argent rallye paint - 07/21/19 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by PAULS_340
Bought one can of spray '71 Dark Argent rallye wheel center cap paint, only to spend 300 hours tapping all four off [you know what I mean], only to have the color cure out Light Argent. Took it back to that very well know Dodge/Chrysler Dealer on Gratiot, only to be told, yea we know!!!! Are you effing kidding me? All they did was offer me another can; WITH THE SAME LOT #. Who makes the correct Dark Argent? Thanks.

go here... https://8774paint1.com/ Charles has taken over the former Totally Automotive line of resto paints

Mike
Posted By: aspenrt360

Re: Simple question; who sells correct Dark Argent rallye paint - 07/21/19 03:52 PM

Had a look at the site, looks like it may be a good place i will be calling.
Posted By: reflections7

Re: Simple question; who sells correct Dark Argent rallye paint - 07/22/19 03:24 AM

I didnt know he took over their paint. Just used some of his paint and it turned out great. SE rear panel. on Challenger
Posted By: PhillyRag

Re: Simple question; who sells correct Dark Argent rallye paint - 07/22/19 04:43 AM

[quote=PAULS_340]Bought one can of spray '71 Dark Argent rallye wheel center cap paint, only to spend 300 hours tapping all four off [you know what I mean], only to have the color cure out Light Argent. Took it back to that very well know Dodge/Chrysler Dealer on Gratiot, only to be told, yea we know!!!! Are you effing kidding me? All they did was offer me another can; WITH THE SAME LOT #. Who makes the correct Dark Argent? Thanks. [/quote

I believe Dark Argent is nothing more then Argent with a few drops of black in it, per an old mag article.
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: Simple question; who sells correct Dark Argent rallye paint - 07/22/19 10:54 AM

There are also small flecks of what I would call copper in the dark argent on the wheel center caps. I don't think that can be duplicated in a rattle can.
Posted By: PhillyRag

Re: Simple question; who sells correct Dark Argent rallye paint - 07/23/19 05:23 AM

One option is to take paint out of the spray can, tint/recolor to your needs, then use a touchup spray gun to apply.
© 2024 Moparts Forums