Moparts

Muffler clamps

Posted By: 340SIX

Muffler clamps - 07/19/19 07:48 PM

Do these band clamps get tight enough clamping force to hold Tips on Tailpipes? they are the slip over the tailpipes one 2.5" SS Accurate. They do not look like they need much.
Or do I have to get the V Band Clamps? Or standard U?

Attached picture Clamps.jpg
Attached picture Clamps1.jpg
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Muffler clamps - 07/19/19 07:51 PM

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2PCS-2-5-S...p-Buckle-type-powerful-T409/282574287890

Re: Muffler clamps - 07/19/19 07:58 PM

That was the same auction I was looking at and stole the pics from.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Muffler clamps - 07/19/19 08:25 PM

Yea I know. The link wasn`t working so i fixed it for you.

Re: Muffler clamps - 07/19/19 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by mopars4ever
Yea I know. The link wasn`t working so I fixed it for you.

So will they have enough force to clamp or do I need to be more aggressive? Do not want to use overkill
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Muffler clamps - 07/19/19 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by 340SIX
Originally Posted by mopars4ever
Yea I know. The link wasn`t working so I fixed it for you.

So will they have enough force to clamp or do I need to be more aggressive? Do not want to use overkill

Are you feeling lucky? shruggy
I like to be able to drive my cars without worrying about a part not working correctly shruggy Me thinks I would use a proven part instead of finding out later that the new part let the muffler or pipe fall out and down on the road while driving work
Been there, done that already realcrazy whiney
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Muffler clamps - 07/19/19 11:09 PM

I like the wider clamps. The bottom clamp in those pics need pipes with a lip. You can get the band style to join two different size pipes also.These are my favorites. https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...grand-cherokee?q=band+clamps&pos=0er
Posted By: BDW

Re: Muffler clamps - 07/20/19 12:05 AM

Get the Walker lap clamps, work great

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07646MJNL/ref=sspa_mb_hqp_detail_mobile_aax_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Muffler clamps - 07/20/19 02:33 AM

iagree Those are the best of the the band clamps .
Posted By: 135sohc

Re: Muffler clamps - 07/20/19 03:23 AM

Those narrow band clamps are called AccuSeal style and are made for slip fit connections where the bell end is slotted and the kerf sections allow for the bell end to crush down uni-formally. Commonly found on OEM exhaust that is meant to go together once and stay together.

The torca easy-seals are sized for a stretched tight fit. Sometimes the pre-made ones dont allow for enough crush and they run out of size before getting tight. Torca EasySeals
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: Muffler clamps - 07/20/19 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by 135sohc
Those narrow band clamps are called AccuSeal style and are made for slip fit connections where the bell end is slotted and the kerf sections allow for the bell end to crush down uni-formally. Commonly found on OEM exhaust that is meant to go together once and stay together.

The torca easy-seals are sized for a stretched tight fit. Sometimes the pre-made ones dont allow for enough crush and they run out of size before getting tight. Torca EasySeals

Right here ^^. The AccuSeals are very strong, but the female pipe needs to have 4 slots in it. The step-clamp pictured is a TorcTite & made by the same manufacturer - Torca. If you want stronger than AccuSeal narrow band clamp even, I sell the DuraSeal - I'm the only source for these aftermarket. Both AccuSeal & DuraSeal are widely used on OEM exhaust systems. They are also currently made in the USA - right here in Michigan, but the German owners of Torca are going to move manufacturing to Mexico.
© 2024 Moparts Forums