Moparts

USA made brake cylinders???

Posted By: fullmetaljacket

USA made brake cylinders??? - 06/25/19 02:50 AM

Just curious. Even though my friend is going to rebuild my front drum brake cylinders on my '65 Coronet, is there any US companies still actively producing these things?
Wagner?
Raybestos?
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: USA made brake cylinders??? - 06/25/19 02:56 AM

Good luck!
Affinia brake and chassis which markets the Raybestos line shut down their last US plant around 10 years ago.
Wagner probably about the same.
Best bet for US made is new old stock.
Posted By: moparx

Re: USA made brake cylinders??? - 06/25/19 01:00 PM

and if you could find any, you would want to disassemble 'em to check how supple the rubber components are [still]
beer
Posted By: Montclaire

Re: USA made brake cylinders??? - 06/25/19 03:48 PM

You can try places like rock auto, sometimes they have old stock for sale. I believe someone said they recently got usa made drums in a raybestos box from NAPA but it was the luck of the draw.
Posted By: 64MAX

Re: USA made brake cylinders??? - 06/25/19 04:03 PM

Do you know what the numbers you need for those? I have s couple of US made cylinders for my 64 Plymouth that might help you. Will you be at Carlisle? Thanks for your patience.
Posted By: 135sohc

Re: USA made brake cylinders??? - 06/25/19 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Montclaire
You can try places like rock auto, sometimes they have old stock for sale. I believe someone said they recently got usa made drums in a raybestos box from NAPA but it was the luck of the draw.

Just bought a bunch of closeout brake hardware kits and all the closeout wheel cylinders from rockauto for my fleet. Everything was OLD stock bendix & ac delco, I about fell over when I saw the wheel cylinders (delco) were all "made in usa" and even the casting said "made in usa" on them. up paid $4.50 each for the cylinders, the chi-com replacements are $20 each from the store and they last about 1 brake job before seeping
Posted By: 70gtx440dana

Re: USA made brake cylinders??? - 06/25/19 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by 135sohc
Originally Posted by Montclaire

Just bought a bunch of closeout brake hardware kits and all the closeout wheel cylinders from rockauto for my fleet. Everything was OLD stock bendix & ac delco, I about fell over when I saw the wheel cylinders (delco) were all "made in usa" and even the casting said "made in usa" on them. up paid $4.50 each for the cylinders, the chi-com replacements are $20 each from the store and they last about 1 brake job before seeping

Thanks just ordered up some stock as well. Joe

Re: USA made brake cylinders??? - 06/26/19 12:43 AM

Thank you for your offer Max. I already found a pair through Two door post on here.
I will be at Carlisle and keep an eye out for extras. It never hurts to have reserves.
Posted By: 64MAX

Re: USA made brake cylinders??? - 06/26/19 01:13 AM

Happy to be able to offer them to you. They and I will be at spot P-68 against the fence behind the Legendary tent. Stop by and say Hi.

Re: USA made brake cylinders??? - 06/26/19 03:06 AM

I will. See you in a few weeks.
© 2024 Moparts Forums