Moparts

Need help on electrical problem

Posted By: abodybill

Need help on electrical problem - 06/18/19 07:23 PM

Here's my problem on my 1969 Road Runner-When I turn the parking/head lights on all come on as should but, the left fender mounted bullit light comes on along with the left turn signals light in dash checked all connections and grounds just wondering if a bad light switch will cause feed back that I'm having?

Thanks for any help Bill
Posted By: buildanother

Re: Need help on electrical problem - 06/18/19 07:34 PM

More likely the park-turn light in front bumper. You have to make sure that the bulb socket grounds to housing and that it grounds to bumper but good.
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: Need help on electrical problem - 06/18/19 08:00 PM

x 2 ... proper grounding !
Posted By: plumcuda

Re: Need help on electrical problem - 06/18/19 08:04 PM

I really don't think your light switch would cause that problem...that sounds like a ground issue...try using a jumper wire from battery ground and touch the bulb housing with the other end.

Re: Need help on electrical problem - 06/18/19 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by buildanother
More likely the park-turn light in front bumper. You have to make sure that the bulb socket grounds to housing and that it grounds to bumper but good.

I should have said in the first post that everything works as it should left blinker no problems with the light switch off. No left bullet or left turn signal dash light on only when I turn light switch on.

giving me a heads ach. Thanks...Bill

Re: Need help on electrical problem - 06/18/19 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by plumcuda
I really don't think your light switch would cause that problem...that sounds like a ground issue...try using a jumper wire from battery ground and touch the bulb housing with the other end.

Will try in morning and let y'all know what comes up. Thanks...Bill
Posted By: moparx

Re: Need help on electrical problem - 06/20/19 01:34 PM

sound like a grounding issue from here as well.
beer
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Need help on electrical problem - 06/20/19 03:52 PM

I had a similar problem on a Cuda, it was caused by corrosion in the grill mounted turn and park light light bulb socket, someone had installed the bulb backwards and it would conduct across the corrosion into the upper light with the turn signal and park lights on shruggy scope
Posted By: cbusters

Re: Need help on electrical problem - 06/20/19 07:48 PM

A wrong signal switch will cause that. Slave in an old one to troubleshoot.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Need help on electrical problem - 06/20/19 09:31 PM

A bad bulb where the filaments touch could cause this. Check the lights to see if they light up with the same brightness as each other.

Re: Need help on electrical problem - 06/21/19 01:38 PM

First I would like to Thank all that posted to help me out.

I took and checked all grounds and they were all good so I pulled the plastic lens off to check the bulb as Stumpy suggested and it was the bulb as he said I guess the quality in the bulbs from China are just sup-par if that.

In my 72 years I have never had a bulb do this again Thanks for the help.....Bill
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Need help on electrical problem - 06/21/19 03:26 PM

Glad I could help. I learned about that the hard way. Drove me nuts until I found it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums