Moparts

Brake hose routing disc conversion

Posted By: Belvedere1

Brake hose routing disc conversion - 06/15/19 07:32 PM

Does anyone have a pic of how the front brake hoses should be routed. I converted a 67 Belvedere to a late A body disc set up with sliding calipers and would like to see how the hoses are best routed. The calipers are rear hanging and I'm using a kit Dr. Diff and his hoses were included. To be more specific, how the hose is directed coming out of the caliper. On this application the hose is mounted to the lower side or bottom of the caliper. The bleed screw is still at the upper side of the caliper housing.

Re: Brake hose routing disc conversion - 06/15/19 08:48 PM

Correction: I had the calipers swapped to wrong side. Time to call it a day and resume again tomorrow. The hose fitting is now in the correct orientation but I would still like to see some pics of how you routed the hose.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Brake hose routing disc conversion - 06/15/19 10:25 PM

Hose routing on my Doctor Diff kit was very simple. Just a loop down and to the frame.

Attached picture DSC_3613 (Large).JPG
Posted By: Sniper

Re: Brake hose routing disc conversion - 06/15/19 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by AndyF
Hose routing on my Doctor Diff kit was very simple. Just a loop down and to the frame.

That is neither the Late A slider disc brakes nor a B body in that picture now is it?
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Brake hose routing disc conversion - 06/16/19 01:55 PM

The "Disc-o-tech" article mentions how to route those hoses for rear mount calipers. Maybe someone will be good enough to post a link.

Re: Brake hose routing disc conversion - 06/16/19 02:57 PM

The pics aren't that great and they front mounted calipers. I think I have it figured now, so onto the master cylinder and finish it up.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Brake hose routing disc conversion - 06/16/19 06:37 PM

I know they front mounted the caliper BUT they also mentioned how to route the hoses if you rear mount them.
Posted By: markz528

Re: Brake hose routing disc conversion - 06/16/19 07:29 PM

Sorry couldn't get better pics. I have some from assembly but can't find them.

67 Coronet with 73 A Body disc brakes. Be careful - the steel tubes on mine rubbed and I had to replace one in fear of a leak and then bent it so it had enough clearance. The hoses are Wagner BH79382 - I think they are the same for both sides but not 100% sure.

Attached picture hoses1.jpg
Attached picture hoses2.jpg
Posted By: markz528

Re: Brake hose routing disc conversion - 06/16/19 07:30 PM

BTW - if not obvious, these pics are of the passenger side.

Re: Brake hose routing disc conversion - 06/17/19 01:47 AM

Thanks for the pics, I have the pass side routed the same way.
Posted By: DoctorDiff

Re: Brake hose routing disc conversion - 06/17/19 04:49 AM

Unfortunately, I don't have any hose routing pictures when the calipers are mounted facing the rear of the vehicle.

If you install the rear mounted calipers so the fluid port is located at the bottom, hose routing becomes fairly straightforward.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Brake hose routing disc conversion - 06/17/19 02:40 PM

regardless of front or rear mounting calipers, i always rout the hoses so they cross the rotational axis.
this prevents any stress flex at the hose ends where they are crimped.
beer

Re: Brake hose routing disc conversion - 06/17/19 02:46 PM

That makes sense too as you could swap sides,since there are 2 bleeding ports upper/lower on the calipers.
Posted By: DoctorDiff

Re: Brake hose routing disc conversion - 06/17/19 03:02 PM

Yes. I had the calipers produced with 2 bleeder valves, so they will fit all A/B/E/F/M/J/R body (slider) applications from '62-'89.
© 2024 Moparts Forums