Moparts

E body Oil pressure sending unit wire

Posted By: 73cuda340

E body Oil pressure sending unit wire - 06/06/19 06:28 PM

Does anybody know where to find a replacement wire for the one that slides on the tab on top of the oil pressure sending unit for and E body? I put a brand new engine harness in the car and the gray wire from the bulkhead connector for the oil pressure sender is only a few inches long with a female bullet style connector on it. Does anybody sell the short piece with the male bullet connector and the terminal end that slides onto the oil pressure sender? I cant seem to find anything. Thanks
Posted By: fastmark

Re: E body Oil pressure sending unit wire - 06/06/19 09:13 PM

The wire on my 70 e bodies comes out of the harness and straight to the sender with a special terminal and no bull it connector at all.

Attached picture image.jpg
Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: E body Oil pressure sending unit wire - 06/06/19 09:38 PM

Call Frank Baldason, he might have something
Posted By: VCODE

Re: E body Oil pressure sending unit wire - 06/06/19 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by 71birdJ68
Call Frank Baldason, he might have something

I'am sure he has the terminal end.
Bob
Posted By: stumpy

Re: E body Oil pressure sending unit wire - 06/06/19 09:55 PM

I have used generic female terminal ends from the hardware store. They come in different sizes.
Posted By: a12rag

Re: E body Oil pressure sending unit wire - 06/06/19 09:57 PM

Could always make your own ??? . . . . a piece of wire, correct connectors on each end . . . voila . . .
Posted By: gzig5

Re: E body Oil pressure sending unit wire - 06/06/19 10:25 PM

I should be putting a new M&H harness in sometime in the next couple weeks. If you can wait, I'll send you my old one. I think it has about 5" of wire from the connector where someone spliced it.

Re: E body Oil pressure sending unit wire - 06/07/19 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by a12rag
Could always make your own ??? . . . . a piece of wire, correct connectors on each end . . . voila . . .

I planned on making my own originally. I have the bullet connectors but I cant seem to find the connector that goes on the sending unit. Thanks for the pictures

Re: E body Oil pressure sending unit wire - 06/07/19 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by gzig5
I should be putting a new M&H harness in sometime in the next couple weeks. If you can wait, I'll send you my old one. I think it has about 5" of wire from the connector where someone spliced it.

Ok thanks. Ill see if I can find anything first, if not I'll let you know. Im not in a big hurry, I'm having a bunch of issues with my new motor, so unfortunately there's going to be some downtime.
© 2024 Moparts Forums