Moparts

1971 charger vacume lines?

Posted By: toplescuda

1971 charger vacume lines? - 05/27/19 07:23 AM

Hope someone can help. I been putting our 71 charger rolling shell back togeather. And I'm at a point where need some help on what vacume lines run to what on the heater/a.c. I have a set of lines that pretty sure plug into the controls. And I have a grommet with 2 lines that was in the firewall one line pretty long. Not sure where they connect under the hood. And where they go under dash
Thank you in advance..
Posted By: Fab64

Re: 1971 charger vacume lines? - 05/27/19 05:53 PM

Here is a link to Service Manuals. It doesn't list the Chassis Manual for 1971 Dodge, but I'm assuming the lines are the same in 1971 Plymouth? Look at page 24-62.
Posted By: DynoDave

Re: 1971 charger vacume lines? - 05/30/19 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by toplescuda
I been putting our 71 charger rolling shell back together.

I face a similar project with my '72. Do you have a build thread here documenting the work you are doing?
Posted By: toplescuda

Re: 1971 charger vacume lines? - 05/31/19 09:14 AM

Not on this site. I have been posting pics along the way over the years as I been doing this car. As time and money allows
Most if any pics I post on facebook
Posted By: 72roadrunnergtx

Re: 1971 charger vacume lines? - 05/31/19 05:41 PM

As mentioned, the factory service manuals have detailed schematics for the A/C controls. There is a difference between the ’71 and ’72 systems relating to vacuum line routing to note. The ’71 system uses a vacuum actuated water valve and uses a vacuum reservoir mounted under the battery tray. The system supply line running to the reservoir and the water valve hose are the two hoses that pass though the firewall near the blower motor. Another line from the vacuum fitting at the rear of the intake manifold would run to the reservoir.
The ’72s used a cable operated water valve, has a single line firewall pass-through grommet, that supply line runs directly to the intake manifold fitting, does not have a reservoir.
© 2024 Moparts Forums