Moparts

Mildew stains on safety belts

Posted By: robertop

Mildew stains on safety belts - 05/20/19 03:41 PM

What is the best product to remove few small mildew spots on some new safety belts installed few months ago? I understand my garage developed excessive moisture during the winter, so something should be done to the whole garage that is air conditioned, but I don't keep the air on all the time. My bad.
Posted By: 74RALLYE

Re: Mildew stains on safety belts - 05/20/19 04:13 PM

Mild mixture of Clorox and water, or my favorite: Sunshine. Stretch it out and let the Sun shine on it and the UV rays will kill the mildew.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Mildew stains on safety belts - 05/20/19 04:58 PM

There is a spray cleaner available in many stores (I get it in Walmart and Publix grocery store) made by "7th Generation" and it's labeled all purpose cleaner and states it's a disinfect using botanicals. I've sprayed this on mildew and it killed it. Best thing is it definitely will not discolor or harm anything! Botanicals only. It flat out kills mildew too. The bottle is white, spray top light green.

Attached picture 7th gen.jpg
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Mildew stains on safety belts - 05/20/19 08:32 PM

This

Attached picture IMG_1046.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1047.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1048.JPG
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: Mildew stains on safety belts - 05/21/19 12:06 AM

Make sure whatever you use is mild. If it's corrosive and the instructions warn about skin contact and all that stuff don't use it.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Mildew stains on safety belts - 05/21/19 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by 5thAve
Make sure whatever you use is mild. If it's corrosive and the instructions warn about skin contact and all that stuff don't use it.

That's what I like about the stuff I posted. No worries about skin, or any surfaces whatsoever.
© 2024 Moparts Forums