Moparts

installing pass mirror that wasnt there originall?

Posted By: moparjohnnycuda

installing pass mirror that wasnt there originall? - 05/14/19 02:30 PM

any write up's
done it a few times just wondering about location on RR in conjuction with vent window
also i noticed driver side on slight angle?
Posted By: meepmeep70

Re: installing pass mirror that wasnt there originall? - 05/18/19 03:20 PM

I installed on my 70 rr, in exact location as the driver side, looks works great, it would look weird if not in same location.
Posted By: GibW340

Re: installing pass mirror that wasnt there originall? - 05/20/19 02:22 PM

These were passenger rear view- not for driver- if you mount matching driver location. Measure carefully and match drivers side location that's what I do - otherwise if looks weird... Carefully drill hole- p[rodect paint and maybe dimple before drilling...
Posted By: crlush

Re: installing pass mirror that wasnt there originall? - 05/21/19 02:26 PM

There supposed to go farther back then the drivers side, otherwise its just there for looks, I made the mistake on my 66 coronet and mounted it same as drivers and cant see crap out of it (its basicly there for looks now). Any I have measured that came stock with passenger side mirror were farther back.
Posted By: moparx

Re: installing pass mirror that wasnt there originall? - 05/21/19 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by crlush
There supposed to go farther back then the drivers side, otherwise its just there for looks, I made the mistake on my 66 coronet and mounted it same as drivers and cant see crap out of it (its basicly there for looks now). Any I have measured that came stock with passenger side mirror were farther back.

^^^^^ this.
beer
Posted By: NachoRT74

Re: installing pass mirror that wasnt there originall? - 05/24/19 07:13 AM

Cars with vent window are located diff between driver and passenger side to clear the view with the post. No vent window cars are installed at same point

Re: installing pass mirror that wasnt there originall? - 05/24/19 02:06 PM

natcho is correct on the vent window comment. iagree
beer
Posted By: cbusters

Re: installing pass mirror that wasnt there originall? - 05/25/19 02:16 AM

If you have the plastic wedge instead of the rubber gasket it will work. Mounted mine the same.
Posted By: NANKET

Re: installing pass mirror that wasnt there originall? - 05/25/19 02:58 AM

Nacho is wrong folks.

On B-bodies You can’t compare 66-67 to 68-70 mirror positions because they go in different places.

In 66-67 you look through the wing window at the mirrors on both sides. I have a car that came with them factory.
In 68-70 they are behind the wing window and you look through the door glass at the mirrors on both sides. The driver can’t see down the passenger side of the car in a 1970 b-body pass door mirror. I have 2 cars that came with them.
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: installing pass mirror that wasnt there originall? - 05/25/19 11:28 AM

On 62 they were all over the place,can only see from passenger side depending on model,some were on fender,some behind vent window. !

Attached picture Picture 130.jpg
Attached picture Picture 078.jpg
Posted By: NachoRT74

Re: installing pass mirror that wasnt there originall? - 05/25/19 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by NANKET
Nacho is wrong folks.

You can’t compare 66-67 to 68-70 mirror positions because they go in different places.

In 66-67 you look through the wing window at the mirrors on both sides. I have a car that came with them factory.
In 68-70 they are behind the wing window and you look through the door glass at the mirrors on both sides. The driver can’t see down the passenger side of the car in a 1970 b-body pass door mirror. I have 2 cars that came with them.

Maybe wrong maybe not LOL... but I'm just repeating what I have read on several discussions in the past on several Mopar boards. I don't have the personal facts anyway... so keep the facts coming ppl drive

Re: installing pass mirror that wasnt there originall? - 05/26/19 03:17 PM

it all depends on the shape of the vent window and the model of the car. some are staggered, some not. and as my one buddy used to say : "ya can't see both sides of the car at once." biggrin
beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums