Moparts

Six Pack Fuel Lines

Posted By: 70sixpkrt

Six Pack Fuel Lines - 05/05/19 07:49 PM

Who sells the best fuel lines that don't leak? My ends are starting to round out and I'm looking for a new set. My fuel lines currently don't leak.
Posted By: 70duster340

Re: Six Pack Fuel Lines - 05/05/19 10:01 PM

Fine Lines!👍
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Six Pack Fuel Lines - 05/05/19 10:36 PM

I've used nothing but FineLines stainless steel 6 pack fuel lines over the years on several vehicles, zero leaks, just remember to use the correct fuel line wrenches, and put a lubricant on the threads before tightening any lines

Re: Six Pack Fuel Lines - 05/06/19 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by DAYCLONA
I've used nothing but FineLines stainless steel 6 pack fuel lines over the years on several vehicles, zero leaks, just remember to use the correct fuel line wrenches, and put a lubricant on the threads before tightening any lines

Thanks. I always use the correct fuel line wrenches but taking them off and on for fine tuning for 15 years they are rounding off.
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Six Pack Fuel Lines - 05/06/19 05:48 PM

I always use a small dab of bearing grease on the threads.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Six Pack Fuel Lines - 05/06/19 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by 6PKRTSE
I always use a small dab of bearing grease on the threads.
Why ?
Posted By: PurpleBeeper

Re: Six Pack Fuel Lines - 05/10/19 10:51 PM

Have you ever tried taking those lines off? At least one seems to get stuck every time. I think I might try bearing grease myself next time
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: Six Pack Fuel Lines - 05/10/19 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by PurpleBeeper
Have you ever tried taking those lines off? At least one seems to get stuck every time. I think I might try bearing grease myself next time

If you want to make it real easy,flare a piece of 5/16 copper tubing,cut off the flare and insert in fitting,you'll only need one wrench to remove and you'll never have any leaks !!!

Re: Six Pack Fuel Lines - 05/11/19 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by 62maxwgn

If you want to make it real easy,flare a piece of 5/16 copper tubing,cut off the flare and insert in fitting,you'll only need one wrench to remove and you'll never have any leaks !!!

Do you have a picture for an illustration?

Re: Six Pack Fuel Lines - 05/11/19 12:35 AM

I bought the ones from FineLines. The only problem is that the blocks don't look like the originals did.
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: Six Pack Fuel Lines - 05/11/19 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by 70sixpkRT
Originally Posted by 62maxwgn

Do you have a picture for an illustration?

Not really,just cut off the flare,put in the fitting,screw in nut and you're done.

Maybe this will explain.A little more than involved than necessary but same principal but cutting off the flare is a little easier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7WULLs2nV8
Posted By: sogtx

Re: Six Pack Fuel Lines - 05/12/19 12:41 AM

A little oil on threads dont hurt too
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Six Pack Fuel Lines - 05/12/19 05:52 PM

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Permatex...Rn8eW4gIVkVMNCh1vYAonEAQYAyABEgI9g_D_BwE

HELLO wave
© 2024 Moparts Forums