Moparts

Fuel gauge that works with factory sender?

Posted By: GODSCOUNTRY340

Fuel gauge that works with factory sender? - 05/03/19 02:47 AM

Looking for an aftermarket fuel level gauge that works with the factory sending unit in the tank. Anyone have a recommendation? Just looking for a gauge compatible with the sender and float that's already in the gas tank for an early '70's car.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Fuel gauge that works with factory sender? - 05/03/19 03:35 AM

I dont have an ans but you might ohm the sender at empty/full to get some numbers to work with. I'm assuming useing an OE gauge ain't in the cards.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Fuel gauge that works with factory sender? - 05/03/19 03:37 AM

Speedhut gauges. Not cheap, and you may not be able to buy just a fuel gauge, but it gives you 5 options for sending unit ohm ranges. Google the address. Gene

Re: Fuel gauge that works with factory sender? - 05/03/19 03:38 AM

I'm working on a '54 Dodge Power Wagon with 6 volt positive ground that I'm changing over to 12 volt negative ground so the original gauge is out. I've installed a '70's gas tank so need something that will work with it.

Attached picture 106_3968.JPG
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Fuel gauge that works with factory sender? - 05/03/19 04:16 AM

just thinking out loud,I'm assuming a voltage reducer 12 to 6 just for that gauge that would maintain an accurate needle sweep ain't possible.

Re: Fuel gauge that works with factory sender? - 05/03/19 05:11 PM

Thanks everyone. I found one that's compatible with Mopar & Ford senders, Equus gauge.

Attached picture 106_3979.JPG
Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Re: Fuel gauge that works with factory sender? - 05/04/19 12:38 AM

Speedhuts are actually completely adjustable, hit the button "Empty", hit the button "Full" and it's calibrated to your tank and your sender. That's about as accurate as you can get.

I do have all speedhuts in the 'Cuda.
© 2024 Moparts Forums