Moparts

Firm Feel or Steer and Gear?

Posted By: Lou_Steger

Firm Feel or Steer and Gear? - 04/25/19 03:59 PM

My steering is so sloppy on my '73 Challenger it's scary. I have tried the adjustment screw and it makes no difference. Which company has the better product and customer service?
Posted By: RJS

Re: Firm Feel or Steer and Gear? - 04/25/19 05:08 PM

I use Steer and Gear and have always been happy with final product. But since your in Wisconsin I think your closer to FF and they too are excellent so you'll save on shipping.
Ron

Re: Firm Feel or Steer and Gear? - 04/25/19 05:35 PM

I think it was Firm Feel that I used about 23 years ago on this box and it has never been right but I don't have my invoice so I don't know. Ohio is closer than Washington cool
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: Firm Feel or Steer and Gear? - 04/25/19 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by RJS
I use Steer and Gear and have always been happy with final product. But since your in Wisconsin I think your closer to FF and they too are excellent so you'll save on shipping.
Ron

Years ago I bought a box from Steers n Gears. Started leaking a year after install. They wouldn’t accept an exchange. Their customer service to say the least sucked.

Went to Firm Feel, didn’t look back
Posted By: fal3

Re: Firm Feel or Steer and Gear? - 04/25/19 05:38 PM

I went with FF. Sent the box out; got it back about 2 wks later. Had FF install their #3 rebuild; gives a modern steering feel. Had box rebuilt 2 years ago. Have no experience with Steer & Gear nor have heard negatives about their product and services. To me, FF & S&G are about equal.
Posted By: Geo4K

Re: Firm Feel or Steer and Gear? - 04/25/19 05:43 PM

I used FF to rebuild my box.
Found that their customer service is fantastic.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Firm Feel or Steer and Gear? - 04/25/19 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by fal3
Have no experience with Steer & Gear nor have heard negatives about their product and services. To me, FF & S&G are about equal.

I've had experience with both companies on many builds, customers and my own rides, ....Steer & Gear, I'll just say "Steer Clear" of them, Firm Feel is a much better product and service IMHO, I'd opt for the stage 3 box IMHO, don't bother going with Stage 2, I do hear that a Stage 4 service was in the works, but haven't heard/seen any input on it...

Mike
Posted By: madscientist

Re: Firm Feel or Steer and Gear? - 04/25/19 08:57 PM

One more for Firm Feel.
Posted By: closer9

Re: Firm Feel or Steer and Gear? - 04/25/19 11:09 PM

I had FF do a stage II build on mine a few years back. Very happy. I had a lot of questions. Customer service was excellent.
Posted By: Mopar Mitch

Re: Firm Feel or Steer and Gear? - 04/26/19 04:09 PM

I have a newly rebuilt FF Stage 3 box (T/A box, fast ratio)... haven't yet run it (car still under re-construction... hopefully by 2020 back to driving/racing). Anyone I know who went with a Stage 2 or 1... said they should've went with the Stage 3... that the Stage 2-1 didn't show that much difference vs original.
Posted By: 74RALLYE

Re: Firm Feel or Steer and Gear? - 04/26/19 04:12 PM

I used a Firm Feel II on one of my 74 Chargers and I'm very happy with it.

Re: Firm Feel or Steer and Gear? - 04/30/19 10:29 PM

OK I just ordered a stage 3 and it's 5-6 weeks out. I will post up my thoughts.
© 2024 Moparts Forums