Moparts

Best E-body carpet source?

Posted By: jeff968

Best E-body carpet source? - 04/22/19 06:22 PM

I need a new set of black carpets for the Challenger. Any suggestion on where to get a set at a good price?

Thanks
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Best E-body carpet source? - 04/22/19 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by jeff968
I need a new set of black carpets for the Challenger. Any suggestion on where to get a set at a good price?

Thanks

Depends on what you want? personally I'd either go with D.Waldens/ECS ship flat ACC carpet if I looking for an OEM 80/20 loop...otherwise I go with a Mass Backed ACC carpet in high cut pile directly from ACC carpet.... "Best E body carpet source and good price" don't exist, so price is not a consideration IMHO

Re: Best E-body carpet source? - 04/22/19 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by DAYCLONA
Originally Posted by jeff968

Thanks

Depends on what you want? personally I'd either go with D.Waldens/ECS ship flat ACC carpet if I looking for an OEM 80/20 loop...otherwise I go with a Mass Backed ACC carpet in high cut pile directly from ACC carpet.... "Best E body carpet source and good price" don't exist, so price is not a consideration IMHO

Thanks, mine is a driver so I'm not looking for something that is 100% correct with a price that reflects it. I want a decent replacement that fits well at a good price.
Posted By: ratroaster

Re: Best E-body carpet source? - 04/22/19 10:13 PM

Rockauto sells ACC carpet.
Posted By: BDW

Re: Best E-body carpet source? - 04/22/19 10:26 PM

Dayclona knows best, get ACC cut pile from RockAuto

Re: Best E-body carpet source? - 04/23/19 01:44 PM

Thank you!
Posted By: gzig5

Re: Best E-body carpet source? - 04/23/19 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by BDW

Is the MASS backing worth the ~$50 up-charge? Seems like it should help with noise.

Re: Best E-body carpet source? - 04/23/19 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by ratroaster
Rockauto sells ACC carpet.

I'd be Leary of it being 2nds or line rejects due to the discounted price, personally I prefer to buy directly from ACC, most of the carpets I buy from them are "custom" application/material that way chances are I get a freshly made carpet set, rather than something sitting in a box for untold years?

Re: Best E-body carpet source? - 04/23/19 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by gzig5
Originally Posted by BDW

Is the MASS backing worth the ~$50 up-charge? Seems like it should help with noise.

YES! the MASS backing not only helps with the noise, but it lends greatly to the carpet maintaining it shape from the time when it was pressed/molded, no wrinkles or folds to deal with, well worth the cost, you'll kick yourself in the a$$ for not ordering it!

Mike
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: Best E-body carpet source? - 04/23/19 04:25 PM

I bought a mass backed ACC carpet for one of my '70 Challengers a few years ago through Rock Auto, and it was dropped shipped directly from ACC. Ordered over the weekend, made at the beginning of the week, and delivered to my doorstep by the end of the week. I immediately unpacked it, and laid it out in my house to get it flat before any bulges or rolls could set in from being rolled up in its shipping box for more than a few days.
I later ordered a set of ACC floor mats from Rock Auto to go with my beautiful new carpet, and it too was dropped shipped and the date code on the box was a couple days after order.
With a 5% discount code from Rock Auto's already low price, I felt I got a real bargain! up
Posted By: 4406bbl

Re: Best E-body carpet source? - 04/25/19 06:04 PM

I agree, ordered from rock auto and got mine in 2 days, wrinkle free.
© 2024 Moparts Forums