Moparts

Brake Bleeding

Posted By: MarkZ

Brake Bleeding - 04/20/19 08:01 PM

Probably a rookie question....

I just got done plumbing a rear disc conversion on my car and it involved replacing the factory proportion valve with a distribution block. Since the lines were disconnected the master cylinder was drained. Is it necessary to bench bleed the master cylinder? I never removed it from the car. I've got a Mighty Vac and was just planning on bleeding all four corners one at a time starting with the closest wheel to the master cylinder and working my way out from there.

Thanks.
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: Brake Bleeding - 04/20/19 08:26 PM

I probably is needed. I have a couple of short hard lines that screw into the M/C and loop back into the reservoir under the fluid level so that I can "bench bleed" the M/C in the car. Just go slow with the pedal or you will splash brake fluid.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Brake Bleeding - 04/20/19 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by MarkM
starting with the closest wheel to the master cylinder and working my way out from there.

Start with the wheel farthest (right rear) from the MC.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Brake Bleeding - 04/21/19 12:05 AM

& put a block under the pedal so your helper dont go past the cups normal wear area & it helps him control the pedal travel better
Posted By: AARCONV

Re: Brake Bleeding - 04/21/19 11:05 PM

Bleed all 4 is correct..but start at the furthest right rear, left rear right front then left front
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Brake Bleeding - 04/22/19 02:45 AM

And another note... don't get any female friend or female family member involved in the brake bleeding procedure, unless your a gluten for self punishment/aggravation smile
© 2024 Moparts Forums