Moparts

Where to purchase pint of single stage X9 paint?

Posted By: RSI700VIPER

Where to purchase pint of single stage X9 paint? - 04/19/19 10:51 PM

I'm painting the mirrors on my X9 Roadrunner. Does anyone sell small quantities of correct color X9 single stage paint?
Posted By: RTSrunner

Re: Where to purchase pint of single stage X9 paint? - 04/20/19 03:38 AM

Most single stage paints are sold in quarts only,you may find a jobber that will mix less.PPG concept urethane (DCC) is a nice single stage paint.I use it regularly on motorcycle frames at my shop.
RT
Posted By: RSI700VIPER

Re: Where to purchase pint of single stage X9 paint? - 04/20/19 01:19 PM

Not many jobbers where I live. Need to order on line. I would even purchase a quart. Anyone else?
Posted By: GMP440

Re: Where to purchase pint of single stage X9 paint? - 04/20/19 01:26 PM

Just get a quart. Don't waste your time trying to get a pint. In case you mess up or have to redo the job, you still have plenty of paint left to use from the quart.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Where to purchase pint of single stage X9 paint? - 04/20/19 05:12 PM

Most shops won't do pints BUT they will do samplers in small containers. But you still need to buy the reducer and hardener. In the end you might save $10 buying the sampler versus the full quart !!
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Where to purchase pint of single stage X9 paint? - 04/20/19 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by RSI700VIPER
I'm painting the mirrors on my X9 Roadrunner. Does anyone sell small quantities of CORRECT COLOR X9 single stage paint?

I'm sure you can get the latest version of X9 with the current pigments but if you want an EXACT match you'll probably end up doing spray outs. But you may luck out, it isn't a red, yellow, or orange.
Posted By: ahy

Re: Where to purchase pint of single stage X9 paint? - 04/20/19 11:38 PM

These guys:

http://www.autocolorlibrary.com/

They have PPG and a house brand. I used PPG for my Challenger and house brand for other projects.
Posted By: 71 Charger R/T

Re: Where to purchase pint of single stage X9 paint? - 04/21/19 06:24 PM

Give these guys a call (or email). Johnson Supply. your black should be very easy to match! I've never had a problem matching black unless it has a flake in it. Good ole "99A" should be right on!
© 2024 Moparts Forums