Moparts

Symptoms of old gas

Posted By: 469runner

Symptoms of old gas - 03/24/19 09:59 PM

It was a beautiful day today, decided to take the Charger out for a cruise. It would hardly run, ran really poorly, refused to idle and was sluggish to accelerate, even backfired a couple of times. Once up to speed it smoothed out fine. It had a 1/2 tank of gas when it was parked and I used Startron Gas conditioner. Today I filled the tank with fresh fuel, hopefully it will get better as I drive the old gas out.
Posted By: TJP

Re: Symptoms of old gas - 03/24/19 10:41 PM

Could be a number of things. How old was the fuel and was it ethanol based ?
Regardless I'm thinking more along the lines of a sticky / contaminated needle and seat twocents
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Symptoms of old gas - 03/25/19 12:41 AM

I would think that if it was from bad gas that if it acted up at idle/accel that it would do the same at higher speed(s).
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Symptoms of old gas - 03/25/19 02:05 PM

Carb is probably going to need to be pulled apart. I would expect your needle/seat or primary jets or idle circuit is partially plugged.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Symptoms of old gas - 03/25/19 02:50 PM

when was the last time the carb was apart ? today's gas leaves deposits that like to play havoc with the old carbs. nothing real serious if you have been running it somewhat frequently, but they do require more service these days than "back in the day".
beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums