Moparts

Name and part # torsion bar bushing help

Posted By: WS68SSC

Name and part # torsion bar bushing help - 03/23/19 11:48 PM

Can you please help me identify the specific name of this bushing and or part #? I just need these not an entire kit. Thanks

Its for a 68 Dodge Dart**

Attached picture 20190323_184604.jpg
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Name and part # torsion bar bushing help - 03/24/19 12:01 AM

strut rod bushing. now you need to decide on rubber or poly?
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Name and part # torsion bar bushing help - 03/24/19 04:41 AM

The pictured bushing is the "improved" style. Originals are one-piece.

https://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/moog-k7040
Posted By: jlatessa

Re: Name and part # torsion bar bushing help - 03/24/19 02:58 PM

Shouldn't the cupped washer be facing the opposite way in he pic?

Joe
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Name and part # torsion bar bushing help - 03/24/19 08:43 PM

No, that version of the bushings has the cup facing outward.
Posted By: karengarneau

Re: Name and part # torsion bar bushing help - 03/28/19 08:55 PM

I used the one piece replacement strut rod bushing. Some people might not like the idea of using a GM parts supplying for mopar but here it is....
ACDelco part # 45G25010
one per box
got them at Rock Auto
$6 each IIRC
made in the USA
Work fine in my A-Bodies

Bennoel
Posted By: Hemidavey

Re: Name and part # torsion bar bushing help - 03/28/19 09:14 PM

Moog K7040 is the improved strut rod bushing kit for the 68 , just put a set on a 68 Cuda, next set is going on a 68 Dart

Re: Name and part # torsion bar bushing help - 03/29/19 12:21 AM

Used those Moog bushings also.
Had a negative out come.
First of all I found them too thick and I believe they tend to push back towards the rear of the car on the LCA's
After approx 10,000 miles started to feel/hear a clunking noise when applying the brakes. After looking around discovered that the bushings were breaking apart/crumbling. As a result I found the one piece bushings and so far no issue. ( Two seasons and lots of miles). Hopefully this is the last time I will replace.
I believe that the one piece bushings are correct for the a body.
Just my opinion and we all have one. LOL
Posted By: charger RTSE

Re: Name and part # torsion bar bushing help - 04/06/19 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by bennoel
Used those Moog bushings also.
Had a negative out come.
First of all I found them too thick and I believe they tend to push back towards the rear of the car on the LCA's
After approx 10,000 miles started to feel/hear a clunking noise when applying the brakes. After looking around discovered that the bushings were breaking apart/crumbling. As a result I found the one piece bushings and so far no issue. ( Two seasons and lots of miles). Hopefully this is the last time I will replace.
I believe that the one piece bushings are correct for the a body.
Just my opinion and we all have one. LOL

Yes same thing to me with the Moog clunk noise braking when car would finish braking and move back, took me some time to work it out the metal piece in the bush was cracked.
Posted By: BDW

Re: Name and part # torsion bar bushing help - 04/06/19 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by charger RTSE
[quote=bennoel]

Yes same thing to me with the Moog clunk noise braking when car would finish braking and move back, took me some time to work it out the metal piece in the bush was cracked.

I have a clunking noise I can’t pin down. Any more details on this?
Posted By: charger RTSE

Re: Name and part # torsion bar bushing help - 04/07/19 04:26 AM

If you have the moog improved strut bush get rid of them. You could try and tighten up the front strut bolt some more.

Re: Name and part # torsion bar bushing help - 04/07/19 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by BDW
Originally Posted by charger RTSE
[quote=bennoel]

I have a clunking noise I can’t pin down. Any more details on this?

I was referring to a-body strut rod bushings as they are a one piece bushing originally from the factory. I came to the conclusion that the two piece replacement bushing is too thick. I also believe as a result of the improper size it puts pressure on the LCA towards the rear. I don't think this can be good for the LCA bushings either because if I'm correct its as if the strut rod is now too long. Just my opinion. Hope this helps
© 2024 Moparts Forums