Moparts

64 sport fury side chrome

Posted By: dumbdog70

64 sport fury side chrome - 03/09/19 01:28 AM

I have a 64 sport fury, the side chrome strips have `turning` in the center. However, my right front fender chrome does not have the turning in it. Is this off a different car? Is the `turning` a decal possibly? Any insight would be appreciated
Posted By: pushbutton

Re: 64 sport fury side chrome - 03/09/19 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by dumbdog70
I have a 64 sport fury, the side chrome strips have `turning` in the center. However, my right front fender chrome does not have the turning in it. Is this off a different car? Is the `turning` a decal possibly? Any insight would be appreciated

The one without the turning is off a Fury.
Posted By: topside

Re: 64 sport fury side chrome - 03/09/19 01:43 AM

It's possible that it was a factory mistake, but I tend to discount those claims, especially after all these years since the car was 1st sold.
'64 Sport Fury got the engine-turned applique in its side moldings; Furys got paint.
Shouldn't be too hard to find another molding; try Joe Suchy, he deals in early Bs.
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: 64 sport fury side chrome - 03/09/19 02:18 AM

The turning isn't a decal..It was done before the trim was formed..If you look closely some are only half the original circumference..Having that trim restored is big bucks over 3000 was the last quote I got for the whole set to be done...
Posted By: 65pacecar

Re: 64 sport fury side chrome - 03/09/19 04:24 PM

Special Ts makes a decal set of the engine turn that can be used. Looks nice for a nice, not Concourse but it works fine.

Re: 64 sport fury side chrome - 03/09/19 11:33 PM

After reading it again I realized you are referring to the front fender spear, it doesn't have the engine turn on the front, only the doors and quarter panel moldings have engine turn in 64 The fender moldimgs do have a red white and blue painted section in them, Regular fury has the same setion all painted black.
Posted By: Triggerfish

Re: 64 sport fury side chrome - 03/10/19 12:31 AM

Yep, here's a close up of my Sport Fury's side trim.

Attached picture Sport Fury side trim.jpg

Re: 64 sport fury side chrome - 03/10/19 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Triggerfish
Yep, here's a close up of my Sport Fury's side trim.

Wow. That is one beautiful car. I have a few 65 Sport Furys but love the 64s too.
Posted By: pushbutton

Re: 64 sport fury side chrome - 03/10/19 01:40 AM

[quote=65pacecar]After reading it again I realized you are referring to the front fender spear, it doesn't have the engine turn on the front, only the doors and quarter panel moldings have engine turn in 64 The fender moldimgs do have a red white and blue painted section in them, Regular fury has the same setion all painted black. [/quot

You are correct. Guess I was thinking 63 .

Re: 64 sport fury side chrome - 03/10/19 02:14 AM

Makes me sure wish I hadn't sold it 2 summers ago. But my 64 Belvedere's nice, but love the Sport Fury interior so much more. Also love the red, white & blue accents on the Sport Fury.

Re: 64 sport fury side chrome - 03/10/19 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by pushbutton
[quote=65pacecar]After reading it again I realized you are referring to the front fender spear, it doesn't have the engine turn on the front, only the doors and quarter panel moldings have engine turn in 64 The fender moldimgs do have a red white and blue painted section in them, Regular fury has the same setion all painted black. [/quot

You are correct. Guess I was thinking 63 .
. 65 Sport Fury also has engine turn on Front fender, door and quarter moldings.
Posted By: mccannix

Re: 64 sport fury side chrome - 03/10/19 03:01 AM

Not to be a downer but I believe Ma Mopar stole the idea from GM.
62 Impala SS used the same engine swirl in their side moldings a couple years ahead of 64 Sport Fury and Dodge Polara
Posted By: HemiSportFury

Re: 64 sport fury side chrome - 03/11/19 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by 65pacecar
After reading it again I realized you are referring to the front fender spear, it doesn't have the engine turn on the front, only the doors and quarter panel moldings have engine turn in 64 The fender moldimgs do have a red white and blue painted section in them, Regular fury has the same setion all painted black.
That statement is incorrect. The front spear DOES have the engine turning just like the door and rear quarter mouldings.

Re: 64 sport fury side chrome - 03/11/19 02:56 AM

Yep. On the front spears, the engine turned finish is in the debossed area that surrounds the red, white & blue emblems.

Attached picture 64 Sport Fury side trim and spears.jpg

Re: 64 sport fury side chrome - 03/11/19 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by Triggerfish
Yep. On the front spears, the engine turned finish is in the debossed area that surrounds the red, white & blue emblems.
forgot about that little area. Good catch
© 2024 Moparts Forums