Moparts

3M Accuspray paint gun

Posted By: 6PakBee

3M Accuspray paint gun - 03/05/19 05:47 PM

Is anyone using a 3M Accuspray paint gun? It looks really attractive from a cleaning standpoint but after watching a number of videos, I never heard anyone comment on the fan width. How wide a fan is advisable with an Accuspray if you are using single stage enamel?
Posted By: hudsonhornet7x

Re: 3M Accuspray paint gun - 03/05/19 06:56 PM

I have used one for years. In my opinion, they are great for primer filler, epoxy primers, etc. Cleanup is great. Each fluid tip assembly is about 5 bucks. The fan pattern can be quite large, 12" or so. The gun does struggle with some colors and clear.

For color and clear I like a traditional gun such as Devilbiss Tekna, Iwata, or Sata.
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: 3M Accuspray paint gun - 03/05/19 10:53 PM

I use the Cheapo Harbor Freight Purple gun to shoot primers and my Good Sharpe Gun for Paint
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: 3M Accuspray paint gun - 03/06/19 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by hudsonhornet7x
I have used one for years. In my opinion, they are great for primer filler, epoxy primers, etc. Cleanup is great. Each fluid tip assembly is about 5 bucks. The fan pattern can be quite large, 12" or so. The gun does struggle with some colors and clear.

For color and clear I like a traditional gun such as Devilbiss Tekna, Iwata, or Sata.

Would you please elaborate on what you mean by 'struggle'. Poor fan pattern, spitting, poor fluid control, metallic dispersion, ????
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: 3M Accuspray paint gun - 03/07/19 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by hudsonhornet7x

Seeing you've had some "seat time" with the 3M Accuspray, I've been told it's the "cat's meow" in new paint technology...how do you think it would perform with candies/pearls seeing the fan width is 12"+

Or is this just a glorified priming gun?....

TIA
Mike
© 2024 Moparts Forums