Moparts

Valve Covers

Posted By: blonby

Valve Covers - 02/07/19 07:00 PM

Anyone know of some nice looking Valve covers for a big block 383 ? I sure am not finding a lot what are you using ?
Want something different then the black crinkle painted Mopar ones lol

Thanks
Posted By: Neil

Re: Valve Covers - 02/07/19 07:10 PM

Offenhauser sells fined ones that you won't see everywhere.

http://offyonline.com/
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Valve Covers - 02/07/19 07:11 PM

An option would be to get a nice (undented) set of OE ones then paint em your choice of color (& there is always chrome ones). EDIT I too like the offy "rounded" ones & there is some DC new chrome ones on FABO right now for 2 bills.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Valve Covers - 02/07/19 09:34 PM

Originally Posted By blonby
Anyone know of some nice looking Valve covers for a big block 383 ? I sure am not finding a lot what are you using ?
Want something different then the black crinkle painted Mopar ones lol

Thanks

I like these. They look simple but have a nice thick flange so they seal tight without any leaks.

Attached picture DSC_3301 (Large).JPG
Posted By: bboogieart

Re: Valve Covers - 02/07/19 09:38 PM

Andy, where are those from, and do they come without the coil pack mounts?
thanX
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Valve Covers - 02/07/19 11:24 PM

I added coil pack brackets. Here is what the covers look like with just a breather.

Attached picture DSC_9660 (Large).JPG
Posted By: bboogieart

Re: Valve Covers - 02/08/19 12:46 AM

up
Thanx.
They look Sa-Weet!
May I ask, Where would I find them?
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Valve Covers - 02/08/19 03:25 AM

I believe 440 source offers some like those, also check with Mancini and Hughes scope
Posted By: CudaChick1968

Re: Valve Covers - 02/19/19 06:18 PM

Don't feel like you have to use them straight out of the box. I've been customizing aftermarket aluminum valve covers for years and each is its own creation. Just a few to get the imagination going ...

[img:center]http://phoenixspecialtycoatings.com/uplo....jpg?1536881141[/img]

Posted By: dogdays

Re: Valve Covers - 02/19/19 07:55 PM

That's ART!
R.
Posted By: skicker

Re: Valve Covers - 02/20/19 06:33 AM

Get whatever valve covers you want and then send then to CudaChick68... up

Win...Win...

Re: Valve Covers - 02/22/19 06:49 PM

Thanks for the kind words dogdays and skicker!!! It's only because of support like yours that makes it possible. I truly appreciate it!
Posted By: 383man

Re: Valve Covers - 02/28/19 06:29 AM

I like these I bought from Mancini. They seal up great when using aluminum heads as it now has two very flat straight surfaces to seal against. And I hate oil leaks. Using these I never have any oil leaks after adjusting my valves once a year. Ron

Posted By: moparx

Re: Valve Covers - 02/28/19 06:35 PM

leanna, i Really like those turquoise covers with the gold pentastar ! i may consider that for the engine i'm putting together for my charger, as it's going to be turquoise. i'm just tired of seeing everything hemi orange.
beer

Re: Valve Covers - 03/02/19 06:13 AM

Originally Posted By moparx
leanna, i Really like those turquoise covers with the gold pentastar ! i may consider that for the engine i'm putting together for my charger, as it's going to be turquoise. i'm just tired of seeing everything hemi orange.
beer

Thank you @moparx! George's idea was pretty cool I thought -- a real diehard, he only wanted it on the passenger side's Pentastar. If you need any help putting your idea together just give me a call! I try not to exactly duplicate my prior work so everyone has a truly "custom" set.
© 2024 Moparts Forums