Moparts

challenger shaker hood

Posted By: fpmopar

challenger shaker hood - 02/01/19 05:47 AM

who sells the best shaker hood kit for a 71 challenger.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: challenger shaker hood - 02/01/19 11:42 AM

Contact Tommy the Chryco/ AMD hood, both sponsors here...
Posted By: KillerBee

Re: challenger shaker hood - 02/02/19 03:29 AM

Is anyone making a good fitting repop Challenger shaker trim ring?
Posted By: Tommy The Chryco

Re: challenger shaker hood - 02/02/19 07:33 PM

I don't think so. Try AMD they may have a different listing then the Cuda.
Posted By: mccannix

Re: challenger shaker hood - 02/02/19 08:28 PM

I really wish Mike ( BE&A) had of had the Challenger rings tooled up when he did the Cuda ones.
Only offering is the reproduction aluminum ones, really inferior compared to the factory zinc (pot metal )ones.
I doubt in the future you'll ever see a comparable Challenger one done now.
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: challenger shaker hood - 02/02/19 08:35 PM

iagree

Re: challenger shaker hood - 02/02/19 08:47 PM

Originally Posted By KillerBee
Is anyone making a good fitting repop Challenger shaker trim ring?

I'll assume you have an original hood? ...the AMD Challenger ring is the nicest/closest original looking one out there on the market compared to the others, but fit is going to be a 50/50 shot, might want to also consider the one Resto Rick (if he still carries it?) has as well, but IIRC the mounting studs are exposed (drilled/tapped) thru the top surface and will need to be addressed, the SnoBar/Shakerhood.com ring is the same last I seen, the AMD studs are cast into the ring, I think whomever's ring you buy the fit will be compromised by either size opening gap/stud layout and or contours... personally your better off buying an AMD hood complete, or looking for an original ring if fitting it to an original hood, pick your poison?

Mike
Posted By: 340clone

Re: challenger shaker hood - 02/04/19 03:43 AM

Not to get off course too much here, but is anyone still selling complete shaker hood set-ups, including the complete bubble unit?

Re: challenger shaker hood - 02/04/19 06:15 AM

Originally Posted By 340clone
Not to get off course too much here, but is anyone still selling complete shaker hood set-ups, including the complete bubble unit?

If you want to throw some coin out, Sixpack Performance in New Mexico may still have so-called "complete kits", IMHO your better off sourcing the parts thru Tommy the Chryco and AMD
© 2024 Moparts Forums