Moparts

N96 Hood Out Of 69 Coronet Flat Hood

Posted By: kzinge1

N96 Hood Out Of 69 Coronet Flat Hood - 01/25/19 05:39 PM

Just got a project car, it's an N96 69 Super Bee with the Ramcharger hood. Of course, the hood and all the underhood assembly was missing when I got the car. I do, however, have a mint condition flat hood from a 69 Coronet that I would like to modify into a Ramcharger hood. I see where all the underhood assembly is being reproduced. My question is, is this possible to turn this flat Coronet hood into a N96 hood? And also, if its's possible, is there a template out there for all the holes/rivets/bolt placement? Any help is appreciated!
Posted By: jt4406

Re: N96 Hood Out Of 69 Coronet Flat Hood - 01/25/19 07:51 PM

I'm sure it can be converted, however the underside IS different, it has cutouts STAMPED OUT that a flat hood does not have. Not sure how anyone could duplicate these as the two panels lay against each other in many places. shruggy jess

Re: N96 Hood Out Of 69 Coronet Flat Hood - 01/25/19 10:08 PM

Gotcha. I wish I had access to an N96 hood for reference because I don't have the original to look at. I figured it would be worth a shot, as the hoods look very similar. I just didn't really know about the underside. I wish they were reproducing these things!
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: N96 Hood Out Of 69 Coronet Flat Hood - 01/25/19 10:30 PM

...I saved some pics, maybe others will chime in

Mike

Attached picture superbee hood scoop.JPG
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: N96 Hood Out Of 69 Coronet Flat Hood - 01/25/19 10:33 PM

Attached picture superbeetwinscoop.JPG

Re: N96 Hood Out Of 69 Coronet Flat Hood - 01/25/19 11:07 PM

That is extremely helpful Dayclona. I appreciate it! Going to look at my hood and see if this is do-able. Would love to have the N96 hood back on the car
© 2024 Moparts Forums