Moparts

module in 1993 dakota right foot well??

Posted By: flyman

module in 1993 dakota right foot well?? - 11/25/18 05:35 PM

So Im parting a 1993 Dakota for my next project I found a module in the right foot well anybody know what it is?? Maybe ABS?? Sorry no pix.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: module in 1993 dakota right foot well?? - 11/25/18 10:53 PM

RWAL module.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: module in 1993 dakota right foot well?? - 11/26/18 05:25 AM

I suspect I know what that module does, but I'm not sure. I know nearly everything in the under dash wiring attaches to, or runs through that module. Gene
Posted By: mgoblue9798

Re: module in 1993 dakota right foot well?? - 11/26/18 05:03 PM

If you are looking for a stand alone RWAL some vans had a separate controller. Ehrenberg did a write up in Mopar Action about retrofitting it to other vehicles.

Re: module in 1993 dakota right foot well?? - 11/27/18 02:28 AM

I just want to know if I can eliminate it or if I need it hooked up. It will have a different rear when finished. Thanks for your replies
Posted By: rumblefish72

Re: module in 1993 dakota right foot well?? - 11/27/18 06:53 AM

That's the control module for an early generation anti-lock braking system for the rear brakes only. See: https://www.aa1car.com/library/abs_kelseyhayes_rwal.htm I have a 1991 Dak and either the module is bad or the ABS solenoid that is plumbed into the rear brake line is bad. The emergency brake light (red) stays on to indicate that there is a problem. You can use the paper clip trick to get the ABS Control unit to blink out the error code. Refurbished ABS control modules are available but a rebuilt solenoid valve with the electrical connector for your make and model Dak is hard to find. The little truck brakes work fine but there is no ABS action on the rear brake circuit. It's like driving old school wink
Posted By: rhad

Re: module in 1993 dakota right foot well?? - 11/28/18 06:10 AM

my 92 Dakota has RWAL and it has a valve on the rear of the frame near the axle that the brake line runs thru,i believe it should be removed /bypassed if your not going to use the RWAL system as im fairly sure its part of the antilock system

Re: module in 1993 dakota right foot well?? - 12/01/18 01:56 AM

Thanks for your replies I believe I have the info now to continue
© 2024 Moparts Forums