Moparts

Want to get Hedman shorty Headers

Posted By: Pyper70

Want to get Hedman shorty Headers - 11/09/18 07:34 PM

I had a set...the 78070's Bought them a while back...sent them out to EMBEE Specialty coatings in Santa Ana, Ca and had them ceramic coated inside and out

They didn't survive the fire. Who knew that a garage fire would rip off the coating...engines produce more heat than a forest fire don't they?

Anyways....want to buy another set but there are more options available now. Should I buy the bare black ones and have them sent to get coated again or should I get them ready coated from Hedman themselves?

Frankly if the finish and coating holds up from Hedman, no problem...but QA tells me they do a cheap and rush job to mass produce them and out the door.

You think maybe because it was California and the adherence to EPA regulations that the coating didn't hold up. I am not talking....didn't hold up in certain places....they were brand new and look like a paid of 25yr old junkyard headers
Posted By: Triggerfish

Re: Want to get Hedman shorty Headers - 11/09/18 11:07 PM

I agree with you for sure. We just broke in the 383 in my 68 D100 & the Hedman (over $400) shorty ceramic coating isn't as shiny now for sure. Didn't thnk the temp was too high, but even as nice as their quality & ft is, the coating is dfferent. Maybe should've broke it in with old headers?

Attached picture 70 ndw 383 D100.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums