Moparts

Cruise control with 4spd

Posted By: mopargem

Cruise control with 4spd - 11/03/18 01:55 AM

A friend of mine was wondering if cruise control was offered on 70 Mopars with a 4 spd. We both don’t think so but not sure ??
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: Cruise control with 4spd - 11/03/18 02:01 AM

It was called 'Automatic' Speed Control for a reason.

Details at http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/DealershipDataBook/1970/70_Belevedere0005.jpg

You were both right.
Posted By: mopargem

Re: Cruise control with 4spd - 11/03/18 02:16 AM

Thx Barry for the quick answer!
Posted By: dOoC

Re: Cruise control with 4spd - 11/03/18 02:36 AM

Let me add a Q in here .... anyone know of a add on cruise kit that is currently available ?
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Cruise control with 4spd - 11/03/18 02:50 AM

I checked a few months ago and you can still get an aftermarket Rosetta Cruise control. They also have an extra cost switch that will allow the cruise to be added to a manual trans car.

Many years ago, I added an aftermarket cruise to my 70 Road Runner that had a 4 speed. There was a bead chain and a switch that connected between the clutch pedal and the brake pedal that was under a load when both pedals were up, as soon as you stepped on either the clutch or the brake, the chain went slack and the cruise disconnected the same way it would if you stepped on the brake with an auto trans. When both pedals were back up, and you were in 4th, you hit resume and the cruse was back working. It really worked well. I believe the Rosetta Cruise is an updated copy of the same one I had on my RR. Gene
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: Cruise control with 4spd - 11/03/18 03:27 AM

I had cruise and a 4 speed in my 87 Diplomat, but I put the 4 speed in it.
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: Cruise control with 4spd - 11/03/18 04:26 AM

Both of our '89 LeBaron GTC TII/5sp convertibles had cruise. There was a clutch switch as well as a brake switch. I have no idea when Chrysler started offering cruise with a manual.
Posted By: 1970GTX

Re: Cruise control with 4spd - 11/03/18 06:00 AM

I was able to order my 1986 Dodge Ramcharger with 4 speed and cruise.

The only combo I couldn't get was tilt wheel and 4 speed.
Posted By: RealWing

Re: Cruise control with 4spd - 11/03/18 11:01 PM

Originally Posted By Doc Fiberglass
Let me add a Q in here .... anyone know of a add on cruise kit that is currently available ?

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=results/category_id=477/mode=cat/cat477.htm
I used one of these on my SRT8CUDA
© 2024 Moparts Forums