Moparts

Are vacuum advances rebuidable?

Posted By: Moparpete

Are vacuum advances rebuidable? - 10/18/18 02:22 PM

if yes where and who to use?
Posted By: Mattax

Re: Are vacuum advances rebuidable? - 10/18/18 03:10 PM

You mean a new diaphram? Yes. There's a couple of guys that advertize. I know of someone who had it done - about $75 US. That was just a normal Chrysler type, not a solenoid equipped smog type.

I think it was this guy but not 100% sure
http://www.oddparts.net/home/cast-iron-manifold-repair
Posted By: RJS

Re: Are vacuum advances rebuidable? - 10/18/18 04:12 PM

I would just buy new from Tony's Mopar Parts
Ron
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: Are vacuum advances rebuidable? - 10/18/18 04:50 PM

Originally Posted By Mattax
You mean a new diaphram? Yes. There's a couple of guys that advertize. I know of someone who had it done - about $75 US. That was just a normal Chrysler type, not a solenoid equipped smog type.

Can be done for half of that !

Re: Are vacuum advances rebuidable? - 10/18/18 04:52 PM

Do Tony's vacuum advances look like originals, here is a pic of what is in the car

Attached picture received_292975254866434.jpeg
Posted By: Mattax

Re: Are vacuum advances rebuidable? - 10/18/18 06:20 PM

If you want it to have the advance, start and stop vacs same as original, then the p/n needs to be the same or you have to test i t with a vac pump.

Who replaces diaphrams for under $40? Send a PM please if you dont want to post here.
Posted By: TONY_DAGOSTINO

Re: Are vacuum advances rebuidable? - 10/18/18 06:32 PM

hi Pete,
im sorry we dont make the 70-72 big block advances that have the retard solenoid. we do have some nos units though. please call or email if interested.

thank you

Re: Are vacuum advances rebuidable? - 10/18/18 06:50 PM

hello Tony, the car this is in is a survivor 46k original mile and original owner car, 400 4 speed, build date on car is 2/02/73 owner swears he never changed out the dist.

Re: Are vacuum advances rebuidable? - 10/18/18 11:16 PM

Pete,
i hadnt seen 1973 cars with the retard solenoid on the vacuum advance, but i havent researched that many 1973 cars before either. but at any rate we do have a nos vacuum advance unit with the solenoid on it like yours has
Posted By: DrCharles

Re: Are vacuum advances rebuidable? - 10/19/18 12:05 AM

Brief hijack please smile

I'd like to rebuild my can (the later model "plain" one) so it's all in by 8" of vacuum... can't seem to find one anywhere with that light a spring. Anybody? boogie

Re: Are vacuum advances rebuidable? - 10/19/18 09:21 PM

The vac adv units are adjustable, use a small allen wrench thru the nipple to adjust.

my new ones are made to adjust like that and most originals were too from what ive seen
© 2024 Moparts Forums