Moparts

440 source heads and exhaust manifolds, what gasket?

Posted By: pettyblue440

440 source heads and exhaust manifolds, what gasket? - 06/15/18 02:39 AM

what is the best thing to use between the source heads and manifolds? thnx, jon
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: 440 source heads and exhaust manifolds, what gasket? - 06/15/18 03:02 AM

I've had good luck with Remflex
Posted By: bee1971

Re: 440 source heads and exhaust manifolds, what gasket? - 06/15/18 04:33 AM

I run these on my 432 Stroker with Edelbrock Heads

Not only do they protect the valve cover gaskets from heat they keep my valve covers looking brand new

I also had my factory exhaust manifolds planed at my machine shop before installing

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fel-m...AyABEgKcvfD_BwE

I like the Remflex also , but if you ever have to remove the manifold or loosen for any reason the gasket will come apart as they stick after compressed

Do they work , Yes

A little more expensive , Yes

One time use , Yes
Posted By: therocks

Re: 440 source heads and exhaust manifolds, what gasket? - 06/15/18 03:53 PM

Ive had Mt Gasket ultras on mine for at least 12 yeats.No leaks.We run them on all old cars.Even reused them a few time.In 15 years had 1 leak.Rocky
Posted By: GTX MATT

Re: 440 source heads and exhaust manifolds, what gasket? - 06/15/18 03:58 PM

The best gaskets I have ever used are Percy's Seal For Good, dead soft aluminum. Its basically an aluminum MLS gasket. I've used them on leaky headers and collectors, and you can re-use them quite a few times.
Posted By: therocks

Re: 440 source heads and exhaust manifolds, what gasket? - 06/15/18 06:48 PM

Used the Percys and the coppers also.They all leaked even with my TTIs.Only place copper sealed was on my collectors.My headers even sealed with the thin white gaskets that came with them.Rocky
Posted By: GTX MATT

Re: 440 source heads and exhaust manifolds, what gasket? - 06/15/18 06:54 PM

I've not had good luck with copper either, but the seal-4-good's I used on a set of headers that leaked with a standard type gasket, and have reused 2 times now on the driver's side, once when I pulled the cylinder head and once when I did the starter and steering box.
Posted By: Azzkikrcuda

Re: 440 source heads and exhaust manifolds, what gasket? - 06/15/18 07:57 PM

I have had good luck with Fel-Pro 1414 gaskets when using manifolds.
Posted By: ahy

Re: 440 source heads and exhaust manifolds, what gasket? - 06/16/18 02:00 AM

Make sure the manifolds are flat and no gasket would be my suggestion. A thin coat of high temp RTV. This has worked well for me with TTI's and the factory used no gasket generally with manifolds.
© 2024 Moparts Forums