Moparts

Looking for off the self app for Fanclutch. 69 Bbody

Posted By: CrAlt

Looking for off the self app for Fanclutch. 69 Bbody - 03/07/09 11:57 PM

I have 3 fan clutches and none fit in my coronet. Its a 383 with the stock 053 rad.

I only have 3 3/8 clearance between the W/P and the rad.

All my clutches are a total of 3 3/8". The shafts are 1" and the distance between the mounting surface and the back of the clutch is 1.25".

Does anyone know of a application or p/N of a aftermarket clutch that has a shorter shaft or more clearance?

The mopar fan package is big money compared to the parts store clutches.
Posted By: CrAlt

Re: Looking for off the self app for Fanclutch. 69 Bbody - 03/08/09 12:35 AM

Here is a little diag of my problem...

"A" is 1". I need it to be like 1/2"

Or take 1/2"+ off of "B" which is 3 3/8 on the clutchs i have.

Attached picture 5077093-cluch.jpg
Posted By: Junky

Re: Looking for off the self app for Fanclutch. 69 Bbody - 03/08/09 06:42 PM

The clutch fan for the Jaguar is 2.67" tall. Hayden part number 2765. It will fit a Mopar, but make sure the pilot shaft bushing is with the clutch.
Posted By: 69superbee383

Re: Looking for off the self app for Fanclutch. 69 Bbody - 03/08/09 06:54 PM

Quote:

The clutch fan for the Jaguar is 2.67" tall. Hayden part number 2765. It will fit a Mopar, but make sure the pilot shaft bushing is with the clutch.

Thats what I am running in my Superbee and Power Wagon. And for sure check for the pilot bushing. I got one from Advanced and it was missing.
Posted By: HealthServices

Re: Looking for off the self app for Fanclutch. 69 Bbody - 03/08/09 08:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thats what I am running in my Superbee and Power Wagon. And for sure check for the pilot bushing. I got one from Advanced and it was missing.

The stock replacement is a little longer I think they were made just for the 2 core radiator applications. I used the Hayden 2765 too.

Here it is in the car with a 4 core stock radiator and your stock fan.

© 2024 Moparts Forums