Moparts

does the passon O/D 4 speed gearset require special 3-4 rod?

Posted By: ogopogo

does the passon O/D 4 speed gearset require special 3-4 rod? - 04/29/18 06:45 PM

I just installed a 66 4 speed trans with passon od gearset yesterday in a 66 b body.it wont stay in 3rd gear,I flipped my stock arm with stock rod but Im thinking maybe I need a special rod and or rod/arm combo for this?
Posted By: fastmark

Re: does the passon O/D 4 speed gearset require special 3-4 rod? - 04/30/18 12:16 AM

Yes you need a new 3-4 rod. Jamie supplies it with the gears. Brewers does not.
Posted By: lemondana

Re: does the passon O/D 4 speed gearset require special 3-4 rod? - 04/30/18 04:54 AM

Let us know how you like it once you get the bugs worked out. Thanks-
Posted By: fastmark

Re: does the passon O/D 4 speed gearset require special 3-4 rod? - 04/30/18 02:10 PM

I’ve done two for customers and both like the gear ratios. One is a 3.54 and he drives it on the highway. The other is a 4.10 Dana car and it makes it easier to drive for sure.
Posted By: ogopogo

Re: does the passon O/D 4 speed gearset require special 3-4 rod? - 04/30/18 07:53 PM

spoke to Jamie and he figures crappy bell alignment has bitten me,,,,,,again.....just ordered a browell tool like i should have done years ago!
Posted By: RATTRAP

Re: does the passon O/D 4 speed gearset require special 3-4 rod? - 05/03/18 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By ogopogo
spoke to Jamie and he figures crappy bell alignment has bitten me,,,,,,again.....just ordered a browell tool like i should have done years ago!

A dial indicator and a mag base would have been a better investment. IMO
And the use of offset dowels and or Dowel the bell to the block @ assy after its dialed in.
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: does the passon O/D 4 speed gearset require special 3-4 rod? - 05/03/18 02:02 PM

Originally Posted By RATTRAP
Originally Posted By ogopogo

A dial indicator and a mag base would have been a better investment. IMO
And the use of offset dowels and or Dowel the bell to the block @ assy after its dialed in.

A magnetic base doesn't work as fast or as well as the Browell tool does. I have a tool base that was made to bolt to the crank flange and it's more solid than a mag base indicator twocents

Gus beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums