Moparts

70 Roadrunner air grabber

Posted By: raybee

70 Roadrunner air grabber - 03/30/18 06:48 PM

Hello just put my air grabber hood together,can anyone tell me which vaccum hose goes where,one is yellow,one white,one green thanks for any help
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: 70 Roadrunner air grabber - 03/30/18 07:03 PM

this might help...I believe this is the 71-2 b body set up, should be pretty much the same other than the resv canister location, I'll see if I have anything else

Mike

Attached picture airgrabber1.JPG
Attached picture airgrabber2.JPG
Posted By: PurpleBeeper

Re: 70 Roadrunner air grabber - 03/31/18 03:30 PM

Bad news... I looked in the 1970 factory service manual & it shows diagrams of a 1969 air grabber. Good news, there are only 3 hoses.

Sorry for thinking out loud here trying to jog my memory (& cheating off of dayclona's diagram).

1. It looks like yellow & white lead up to the hood trap door actuator. You can just try them & if backwards, switch them the other way. Obviously, the dash switch up = hood scoop up.

2. It looks like the green hose + a normal black hose go to the reservoir (black can). The black one comes directly from your intake manifold vacuum nipple & the green one should be coming through your cowl into the engine compartment. Again, I'd just try them on the two nipples on the can & if it doesn't work switch them.

This is the approach I used many years ago hooking up my hood. If you get stuck, send me a private message and I will go look at my car. I'm not positive if my stripes are still there, but I can always look and send you some pictures if you really need them.
© 2024 Moparts Forums