Moparts

Bucket seat questions??

Posted By: busboy

Bucket seat questions?? - 03/19/18 03:52 PM

Morning All, are high back bucket cores all the same under the skin? I have some a-body seats that I’d like to recover with b-body skins to use in the Coronet. Would that work? Also, are the seat tracks compatible?
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: Bucket seat questions?? - 03/19/18 05:59 PM

Bucket seat frames are the same A, B or E-body within in the same model year. ( one exception is the 1971 model year, at some point they stopped using the 1970 style frames & went to a different version)

Tracks are body type specific & will interchange for some years, but there are differences.

So, what year seats & what year Coronet?

Re: Bucket seat questions?? - 03/19/18 11:27 PM

Thanks TA, believe the seats are 72' a-body (black one in the pic), trying to use them in a 70' Coronet. I'd like to use the correct 70' seat cover/padding if it'll fit the core.

Attached picture Buckets front.JPG
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: Bucket seat questions?? - 03/19/18 11:41 PM

Yep, that looks like a '72.

For '72, the back side seat frames did not have the spring basket that the older 1970 - early '71s had, the '72 are just open because they changed the foam & the wires inside were then internal.

The 1970 B-body bucket seat brackets are a one year only deal, but there is a set for sale in the '70 back B-body parts section here & these newer frames do have the same bolt pattern on the base for the tracks.

Re: Bucket seat questions?? - 03/20/18 12:26 AM

Great info, thanks TA up

Attached picture Buckets back.JPG
Posted By: ademon

Re: Bucket seat questions?? - 03/22/18 04:17 AM

The long style seat button was used till February or so of 71, March and later was the small button.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Bucket seat questions?? - 03/22/18 02:12 PM

Are you selling the Dart SE buckets?

Re: Bucket seat questions?? - 03/26/18 02:25 AM

PM sent
© 2024 Moparts Forums