Moparts

Pushrod Holes in Magnum Heads

Posted By: jeebis44

Pushrod Holes in Magnum Heads - 01/24/18 03:10 AM

Does anyone have a guide or pictures of how to go about clearancing the push-rod holes on magnum heads to accommodate use on an LA block with flat-tappet cam?
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Pushrod Holes in Magnum Heads - 01/24/18 04:38 AM

I would mockup with some light springs & just eyeball how much clearance you have like in Joesixpacks' nearby thread then dremel em out as needed. set the heads down easy on the head gaskets & barely snug each head with several head bolts & mockup the valvetrain & turn the crank over with a 1&1/4" socket/breaker bar.
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: Pushrod Holes in Magnum Heads - 01/24/18 04:38 AM

I have never had to clearance them, done a bunch and even with one like an R/T head with a machined hole never had to clearance one.
Posted By: PLUM_72

Re: Pushrod Holes in Magnum Heads - 01/24/18 11:16 PM

Wasn't there a magnum head template floating around between the forum users to drill this out?
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: Pushrod Holes in Magnum Heads - 01/25/18 05:49 AM

the template is for porting, there was a jig for doing the intake bolt holes, I never had an issue with PR clearance but I have also never tried to run them with anything bigger diameter than a stock one. If there is an issue it can't be much just mark it and grind it a bit with a dremmel.
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: Pushrod Holes in Magnum Heads - 01/25/18 06:13 AM

Been my observation that roller heads have bigger pushrod holes than flat tappet heads so I wonder why you'd need to open up the magnums?
© 2024 Moparts Forums