Moparts

Holley fuel pump leak

Posted By: UCUDANT

Holley fuel pump leak - 01/05/18 02:21 PM

My new Holley 12-360-11 mechanical lift pump appears to leak from the inlet 1/4" NPT fitting. I even resorted to applying PERMATEX LINK HERE since some reading I've done stated that it is compatable with fuel and it could be used on injected cars.

I mic'd the threads on the fitting(s) and have went and bought new ones and found minor differences.

I even read where with a barbed fitting they state to ensure it's long enough to use 2 hose clamps?
Looking back I have had this issue with the older style Holleys (they were chromed and cracked at the inlet) and the 12-360-11 pump I replaced was leaking (I thought it was the diaphram, but now I am not so sure). My buddy the painter told me it leaked years ago in his shop and that he fixed it, I noticed it had what appeared to be that permatex sealant at the threads later.

Are these pumps problematic?
Posted By: UCUDANT

Re: Holley fuel pump leak - 01/05/18 10:28 PM

I guess the permatex no. 3 worked after all
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: Holley fuel pump leak - 01/06/18 08:07 AM

Stuff like that with pipe threads will leak if not sealed right. Watch any pipe fitter. I think I went through this with a boat I had. Certainly taught me to check anything out that I did. Especially to the fuel system. You haven't lived until you've seen a race car, coming off the track towards your brand new car, which is sitting on the return road, without you in it, with 15ft. flames engulfing the whole front end! eek I jumped in my car and split! blush
© 2024 Moparts Forums