Moparts

Can anyone Identify this old Tach?

Posted By: blewbyu

Can anyone Identify this old Tach? - 12/15/17 06:07 AM

I have this tach and was wondering if anyone can recognize the manufacture of it.

Attached picture IMG_1208.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1207.JPG
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Can anyone Identify this old Tach? - 12/15/17 06:31 AM

Wizard sold by Western Auto, maybe confused
Posted By: Jer

Re: Can anyone Identify this old Tach? - 12/15/17 06:32 AM

Definitely sold by Western Auto, not sure of manufacturer
Posted By: earlymopar

Re: Can anyone Identify this old Tach? - 12/15/17 03:28 PM

I suspect it may have been made by DIXCO for Western Auto given that Dixco gauges were prominent during the 60s.

- EM
Posted By: blewbyu

Re: Can anyone Identify this old Tach? - 12/15/17 03:43 PM

So that is the Western Auto Logo, found it on this ad. I should have recognized as they sponsored one of my little league teams in the 60's

Duh, man sometimes it sucks to get old. whiney

Attached picture vintage-western-auto-advertising-diecast-metal-tractor-and-trailer-truck-moc-2f4beeab3c014f52d530a29f8a35218e.jpg
Posted By: therocks

Re: Can anyone Identify this old Tach? - 12/15/17 04:23 PM

We had one here.Always bought their batterys as they were cheap and worked well.Bought a set of odd offset box wrenches there in the 70s.Great American made and still have most of them.Lost a few.Rocky
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: Can anyone Identify this old Tach? - 12/15/17 06:55 PM

We had a western auto in the small town I grew up in also...They had some great warranties on the parts before it was common to offer a long term warranty on auto parts...I was never worried about the quality of their products it was a different time back then most everything was US made..
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Can anyone Identify this old Tach? - 12/15/17 10:11 PM

Originally Posted By earlymopar
I suspect it may have been made by DIXCO for Western Auto given that Dixco gauges were prominent during the 60s.

My thought, too.
Posted By: Hot 340

Re: Can anyone Identify this old Tach? - 12/22/17 04:40 PM

Still have a ton of Wizard tools in my box, my Dad has them pretty much wore out though. laugh2
© 2024 Moparts Forums