Moparts

How to install E body Rally dash switch panel

Posted By: sbhpcb

How to install E body Rally dash switch panel - 10/30/17 01:23 AM

How do you install or rather what order do you install the cuda Rally dash switches so that one does not scratch the wood grain? I have the Gauge cluster in, but the switch panel does not want to wiggle in without hitting the gauge woodgrain?
Posted By: 2fast4yourBrain

Re: How to install E body Rally dash switch panel - 10/31/17 02:19 AM

Lots of masking tape
Posted By: jt4406

Re: How to install E body Rally dash switch panel - 10/31/17 12:17 PM

Maybe you could use a small piece of flashing (readily available at hardware stores and big box construction stores like Lowes). Thin, easily cut with scissors and bent, but substantial enough to protect the woodgrain on your cluster. Just thinking out loud.....

jess
Posted By: gtx-guy

Re: How to install E body Rally dash switch panel - 10/31/17 04:13 PM

If you haven't done this yet, loosen your gauge cluster, and slide your switch panel behind the gauge cluster. Make sure you use plenty of masking tape on both panels. I put the tape on my jeans and pulled it off to take off some of the adhesive. Most of all be patient. Good Luck
Posted By: sbhpcb

Re: How to install E body Rally dash switch panel - 11/09/17 12:58 AM

Thanks Guys !!! I got it in, but it was hairy.
Posted By: jbc426

Re: How to install E body Rally dash switch panel - 11/16/17 05:12 PM

I always use an old-school, leather chamois when installing side glass, the panel you are referring to and anything else that needs thin, flexible and durable protection. Normally I tape it in place with Gaffers Tape. The 3M stuff the specify for film crews etc. It's awesome and never leaves residue.
© 2024 Moparts Forums