Moparts

A Body Wheel Opening Molding Screw Kit

Posted By: 70Duster

A Body Wheel Opening Molding Screw Kit - 10/19/17 06:34 PM

I finally decided to install the OEM rear wheel opening moldings I have for my 70 Duster and would like to use new screws to fasten them if I could find some good quality screws that look OEM correct. Anyone have any experience on who sells correct looking, good quality screws for this?
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: A Body Wheel Opening Molding Screw Kit - 10/19/17 09:24 PM

Yearone
Posted By: rarefish

Re: A Body Wheel Opening Molding Screw Kit - 10/20/17 12:08 AM

For OEM correct, I would proceed with caution when buying from Yearone. I have a friend who restored a 70 440-6 Cuda a while back and everything he bought for it came out of the Yearone catalog. When he took the finished car to the Mopar Nationals for judging, he was shocked when he was told how many of their repop parts were not OEM correct.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: A Body Wheel Opening Molding Screw Kit - 10/20/17 03:19 AM

Which head style you want ?

An early 70 could have been using the smaller 1969 and older screws .

Avail thru a multitude of vendors
OR get them direct at ( fyi, They have a $35 minimum order though. )

I have a pretty good amount of the 69 and earlier style( top ones ) left over from when I carried them. But not the later versions ( bottom ones )

http://amkproducts.com/

Attached picture 64-72screws.jpg
Attached picture 70-74.jpg
Posted By: rarefish

Re: A Body Wheel Opening Molding Screw Kit - 10/20/17 03:25 AM

After I jumped on Yearone a little here. I decided to cruise their online catalog. Which is something that I had not done in a long time. I saw a lot good items there. In fact I ended up ordering a couple of small parts that I needed.
It looks like I need to change my opinion about them...
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: A Body Wheel Opening Molding Screw Kit - 10/20/17 04:08 PM

Originally Posted By 70Duster
I finally decided to install the OEM rear wheel opening moldings I have for my 70 Duster and would like to use new screws to fasten them if I could find some good quality screws that look OEM correct. Anyone have any experience on who sells correct looking, good quality screws for this?

MrG or MrMoparts.
© 2024 Moparts Forums