Moparts

Adjusting Holley secondary float level, squirter

Posted By: Moparmaniacc

Adjusting Holley secondary float level, squirter - 09/17/17 07:04 PM

I'm adjusting a Holley 80457 600 vacuum secondary Holley that I bought. The primary float level was set way too high, and I finally got that right (turned clockwise to lower).
Now I'm working on the secondary - and it seems to be too low. Should I be able to do the same as the primary and adjust the screw (counterclockwise) so it just barely trickles out the sight hole?

Also, the pump squirter in there is an .031. Should I keep it as-is? or move toward .028? This is for a 70 challenger 440 stock cam 4-speed.

Yes, I know 600cfm is not enough for this motor, but I'm a street guy, not a racer.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Adjusting Holley secondary float level, squirter - 09/17/17 07:12 PM

yes get it to barely trickle & I have heard that you want it to trickle when you shake the car from side to side but I ain't a holley guy so wait for more feedback. On the squirters, first would be is there a bog from too little or too much squirt? & you would want the timing to be in the ballpark first.
Posted By: Moparmaniacc

Re: Adjusting Holley secondary float level, squirter - 09/19/17 02:35 AM

Any advice on pump squirter size and vacuum secondary spring for a stock cammed 440 4-speed with 3.23 gears?
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: Adjusting Holley secondary float level, squirter - 09/19/17 05:11 AM

Between a 28 and 31 on a stock motor you'll not see any difference,leave it as is. twocents
© 2024 Moparts Forums