Moparts

Question on LED lights in paint booth

Posted By: Purestocker

Question on LED lights in paint booth - 09/06/17 12:39 PM

Changing my paint booth in my shop and the new lamps have no bulbs, these are typical 4 foot fluorescent fixtures but are set up for LED tubes, (no ballast and powered on one end) just looking for input on what lamps provide the best light for this application, thanks in advance
Posted By: Mr T2U

Re: Question on LED lights in paint booth - 09/06/17 02:00 PM

i have no LED light answer.

the lights in our 2 booths at the shop where i work at are color corrected lights. you need color corrected lights to properly see the color.
if you think you don't need color corrected lights then just buy the cheapest lights you can find.
Posted By: jcc

Re: Question on LED lights in paint booth - 09/06/17 04:11 PM

I would have thought besides color temp, the most important light fixture aspect is an explosion proof rating or something, are these outside the booth and therefore exempt? work
Posted By: patosmith

Re: Question on LED lights in paint booth - 09/10/17 05:19 PM

When buying LED lamps, look at the lumen output not the price.
Lower lumens means less light output.
A standard 4 foot T8 lamp puts out just under 3,000 lumens.
The older T12 lamp is around 2,600 lumens.
Keep that in mind when looking at the 4 foot LED replacement lamps.
If your booth had nice and bright lighting with the fluorescent lamps and you replace them with cheap LED lamps there's a good chance you're going to be disappointed.
EDIT- Some of the LED replacement lamps you can get at the big box stores are for fixtures that still have the fluorescent ballasts in them so be sure to get the lamps that are for fixtures that have been re-wired like yours.
© 2024 Moparts Forums