Moparts

Ebody vs Bbody pistol grip differences?

Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Ebody vs Bbody pistol grip differences? - 09/04/17 11:31 PM

I am curious how a B-body shifter would layover an Ebody shifter handle.

I have seen this image but am seeking dimensions. I'd like to move my handle back a few inches and am considering just trying a B-body handle.[T56 Magnum]

Attached picture Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 4.30.56 PM.png
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Ebody vs Bbody pistol grip differences? - 09/05/17 12:13 AM

I think it would be WAY too far back. Look at the tranny pad mount difference, as in location for B's and E's and their respective tunnel configurations--big difference!

Do you have T-Rex arms? JK!
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: Ebody vs Bbody pistol grip differences? - 09/05/17 02:06 AM

What year B body?
Posted By: thedriver

Re: Ebody vs Bbody pistol grip differences? - 09/05/17 02:11 AM

I think the shifter beside the e body one in that pic would work perfect for ya.
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: Ebody vs Bbody pistol grip differences? - 09/05/17 02:22 AM

The 71-and later B-body bench seat/non console shifter (the next longer one from the E-body in your pic) will make you happy. They also work perfect in A-body cars.
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Ebody vs Bbody pistol grip differences? - 09/05/17 02:25 AM

I think the '71-'74 B-body w/bench seat or CenterArmRest would be what you're looking for drive

Attached picture moparts DSC07415.jpg
Attached picture moparts DSC07392.jpg

Re: Ebody vs Bbody pistol grip differences? - 09/05/17 03:21 AM

Originally Posted By thedriver
I think the shifter beside the e body one in that pic would work perfect for ya.

Originally Posted By ScottSmith_Harms
The 71-and later B-body bench seat/non console shifter (the next longer one from the E-body in your pic) will make you happy. They also work perfect in A-body cars.

Originally Posted By 6bblgt
I think the '71-'74 B-body w/bench seat or CenterArmRest would be what you're looking for drive

Thanks guys, I think that's the one I am interested in trying. Dan and Scott, is that shifter "straight" off the trans, or does it joggle over to the passengers side?

I need to find out if the T56 bolt pattern is the same as an original, the one I have now is from SST and is not a "Hurst".

Posted By: roadrunninMark

Re: Ebody vs Bbody pistol grip differences? - 09/05/17 07:38 PM

You could get a "beat up" shifter, heat it up and bend it, then rechrome it.
Posted By: 70RT Charger

Re: Ebody vs Bbody pistol grip differences? - 09/06/17 02:16 AM

Originally Posted By GoodysGotaCuda
Originally Posted By thedriver

Originally Posted By ScottSmith_Harms

Originally Posted By 6bblgt

Thanks guys, I think that's the one I am interested in trying. Dan and Scott, is that shifter "straight" off the trans, or does it joggle over to the passengers side?

I need to find out if the T56 bolt pattern is the same as an original, the one I have now is from SST and is not a "Hurst".

Same bolt pattern. I sent the SST shifter back and called Hurst and they sent me one.

Re: Ebody vs Bbody pistol grip differences? - 09/06/17 03:51 AM

Originally Posted By 70RT Charger

Same bolt pattern. I sent the SST shifter back and called Hurst and they sent me one.

Thanks,that helps!
Posted By: Big Bad Bee

Re: Ebody vs Bbody pistol grip differences? - 09/06/17 11:16 PM

Originally Posted By Pacnorthcuda
I think it would be WAY too far back. Look at the tranny pad mount difference, as in location for B's and E's and their respective tunnel configurations--big difference!

Do you have T-Rex arms? JK!

© 2024 Moparts Forums