Moparts

Wing window loop bracket question

Posted By: Big Bad Bee

Wing window loop bracket question - 09/04/17 10:46 PM

Hey guys. Both my loop brackets are broken off my wing window tracks. Is there a way to reattach them with fasteners? It looks like the window side glass needs to slide past them to retract into the window all the way.

Attached picture IMG_2444.JPG
Posted By: Neil

Re: Wing window loop bracket question - 09/04/17 11:12 PM

Not 100% familiar with how those are attached. Is there a spot weld or plug weld that broke loose? Can you tell how were they attached to begin with?

Tony's Parts has a kit and from the picture it appears there are holes in the side of the plates. Maybe they bolt in somehow?

http://tonysparts.com/newproductsB.htm

Re: Wing window loop bracket question - 09/04/17 11:31 PM

Originally Posted By Neil
Not 100% familiar with how those are attached. Is there a spot weld or plug weld that broke loose? Can you tell how were they attached to begin with?

Tony's Parts has a kit and from the picture it appears there are holes in the side of the plates. Maybe they bolt in somehow?

http://tonysparts.com/newproductsB.htm

They are originally spot welded from the inside of the track. What remains is a pair of holes about the diameter of. #10 screw.

Attached picture IMG_2446.JPG
Posted By: charge70

Re: Wing window loop bracket question - 09/04/17 11:35 PM

Just weld them back on.Thats what I did with mine.I put small welds on the sides and your done.

Re: Wing window loop bracket question - 09/04/17 11:45 PM

Originally Posted By charge70
Just weld them back on.Thats what I did with mine.I put small welds on the sides and your done.

wish i could. I have no welder. don't know any welders. it's Labor Day... I'm looking for another solution. Thanks though.
Posted By: TONY_DAGOSTINO

Re: Wing window loop bracket question - 09/11/17 03:53 PM

Hi,
we supply shallow head screws with ours to attach them
Posted By: a12rag

Re: Wing window loop bracket question - 09/12/17 09:07 PM

Talk to Ralph . . . he could fix those up at his place in 5 minutes !!! I had same thing on 70 Sport Satellite . . . I welded them back together myself . .. .
© 2024 Moparts Forums