Moparts

Six pack tuning question

Posted By: dodgepu360

Six pack tuning question - 08/11/17 05:05 AM

I'm sure this will the first of many questions.

My Dad has a 66 Charger with a 383. We put a a six pack setup on it and it runs ok but for ease of tuning I'm going to put on a promax base plate on the rear carburetor and a set of their jet plates. Can anyone give me an idea of a good starting point for jets on the out board carburetors?

I will be getting a wide band O2 to tune the car with. It will be a learning experience but I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Thanks
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Six pack tuning question - 08/11/17 05:19 AM

someone here has posted a very comprehensive 6 pack tuning guide. not sure where it is at but someone will help.
Posted By: Mattax

Re: Six pack tuning question - 08/11/17 02:07 PM

At least a few people with experience suggest starting with Direct Connection's recommendations.
http://racingfuelsystems.myfunforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=678

The hard part is the 'low speed' and part throttle...
My suggestion is save your money on the bases and buy a set of microdrills and a pin drill holder. Then you can measure every restriction and and make changes from there, if needed.

The WBO2 is helpful for learning this stuff. Get one where you can also record rpm. Even better for all but drag racing is a setup where you can also measure manifold vacuum and/or throttle position.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Six pack tuning question - 08/11/17 03:12 PM

just make sure when you use those drills for measuring, you only use the SHANK of the drill, NOT the flute ! doing so will scar the opening and/or create chips, ruining the air bleed, metering block, or jet you are trying to measure. the shanks are usually a couple of ten thousandths smaller than the flutes, but not enough to matter.
beer
Posted By: Mattax

Re: Six pack tuning question - 08/11/17 11:38 PM

Good point!
The better way is to buy pin gages, but that's a bit more expense.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Six pack tuning question - 08/12/17 02:50 PM

pin gages ARE the correct way to go, but they come in + and - sizes, as well as standard, so if you are using them, make sure you know what you have so as to get an accurate idea on your hole size.
beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums