Moparts

Dash led replacement bulbs

Posted By: 70RR383

Dash led replacement bulbs - 07/03/17 12:06 AM

Anyone have any current #s,brands,best place to buy and how many for a 70 RR dash??Thanks
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Dash led replacement bulbs - 07/03/17 03:12 AM

not a guarantee but www.classicindustries.com has a myriad of small parts (& other parts). If you make a small purchase from them (online) then several weeks later their comprehensive Mopar specific pricey catalogue will arrive in your mailbox unannounced for free & it is a treasure trove of pics etc (a reference manual). you can purchase that first item (maybe bulbs) online.
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: Dash led replacement bulbs - 07/03/17 03:14 AM

I don't remember part numbers but superbrightleds has led 194 equivalents.

I used them in the dash on my Dakota. Bright vibrant blue LEDs look good at night they have all the colors available.
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: Dash led replacement bulbs - 07/03/17 05:27 AM

If you put LEDs in the dash, will the dimmer still work with them?
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: Dash led replacement bulbs - 07/03/17 01:58 PM

Not very well. Mine will dim slightly then just completely black out. If I had to guess, I'd say that I have control over brightness between 9-12 bolts but below 9v the leds just cut out
Posted By: 318 Stroker

Re: Dash led replacement bulbs - 07/04/17 06:05 AM

Doug, I bought mine prepackaged from Herb's Parts. I only needed 4 for my E-body Rallye dash and I believe there was 9 in the pack, for 23.00. A little pricey, but they work great, and are fully dim-able thru the full range of motion on the dimmer switch.

They come prepackaged for certain ranges of years for different bodies, A, B, E etc.
Posted By: thehemikid

Re: Dash led replacement bulbs - 07/04/17 09:34 AM

These are SuperBrightLeds. Don't remember the #'s of the bulbs I chose, that was ~4 yrs ago.

My back is out at the moment and can't get under the dash to get any #'s, may be able to dig in my receipts.

PS: well! photobucket finally shut me down, back to the file manager.

Attached picture dash lights (blue) (2).jpg
Posted By: Big Bad Bee

Re: Dash led replacement bulbs - 07/04/17 10:33 AM

Superbrightleds.com is who I used. It's a one-size-fits-all for that type socket. There is a database on their site that tells you what you need. I used them. They dim ok. They have fantastic customer service and you can return anything.

FYI, for rear taillight/brake lights. The best is LEDTRONICS.
Posted By: Car Nut

Re: Dash led replacement bulbs - 07/04/17 08:40 PM

http://www.mustangproject.com/ProductDisplay.aspx?ID=4944be11-e9e2-448a-ac8d-ec17c0b00100
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: Dash led replacement bulbs - 07/04/17 09:30 PM

Advance Auto Parts carries Sylvania LED's in all sorts of sizes.
Posted By: Stroker

Re: Dash led replacement bulbs - 07/06/17 02:12 AM

I like superbrightleds for my 12v bulbs.
You factory service manual will tell you what number bulbs are in the various places in your car, then you can cross them on their site.
Posted By: thehemikid

Re: Dash led replacement bulbs - 07/06/17 07:52 AM

Here's the Superbrightled bulb i used. They're cool white, the blue comes from the lens cover in the dash.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/vehicle/...0&year=1970

Attached picture IMG_2791.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2793.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums