Moparts

Golden lion crank

Posted By: BobAsh

Golden lion crank - 02/23/09 12:37 PM

A friend of my friend is restoring a '60 Chrysler with 413 Golden Lion engine and he's been trying to find a crankshaft for several years now (he doesn't speak English, so it's a bit harder for him). Is it possible to get one somewhere? Is it the same as "ordinary" 413? Thanks for any ideas...
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Golden lion crank - 02/23/09 05:02 PM

I believe in 1960 it will still have the eight bolt exteneded flange. Not impossible to find but not the normal piece either...Most guys that wind up with one a first think it's a Hemi crank because of the eight bolt flange..Then they realise the flange is extended & at that point it becomes worthless scrap cause it's heavy/bulky & not many people want it...
Good Luck, you'll probably be getting a PM or two...
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: Golden lion crank - 02/23/09 05:08 PM

Yes, they are an 8 bolt extended flange crank design made to fit the early trans converters that don't use a flex plate. They were used in 383 raised blocks and 413's prior to 1962ish. I have one and it's from a 1960 413 as well, if your friend is in need,just have him e-mail orcall me.

509-922-9115/bugframes@msn.com
Posted By: 446acuda

Re: Golden lion crank - 02/23/09 10:46 PM

Quote:

A friend of my friend is restoring a '60 Chrysler with 413 Golden Lion engine and he's been trying to find a crankshaft for several years now (he doesn't speak English, so it's a bit harder for him). Is it possible to get one somewhere? Is it the same as "ordinary" 413? Thanks for any ideas...

don't pay too much for one. For most people '61-earlier big block stuff goes to the scrap pile.
Posted By: biginchmotor

Re: Golden lion crank - 02/23/09 11:03 PM

Many years back I pulled a 413 out of a 61 New Yorker, still in the back of the shop somewhere...John.
© 2024 Moparts Forums