Moparts

Who makes the best factory correct wire harness?

Posted By: LuvEBodies

Who makes the best factory correct wire harness? - 04/21/17 12:27 AM

I'm getting ready to replace my old wiring harnesses on a 71 cuda. Who sells the most accurate product?
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Who makes the best factory correct wire harness? - 04/21/17 12:42 AM

I bought my harness for my charger from Year One who sells M&H which I understand is the best one out there.
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: Who makes the best factory correct wire harness? - 04/21/17 12:45 AM

Originally Posted By mopars4ever
I bought my harness for my charger from Year One who sells M&H which I understand is the best one out there.

iagree

Re: Who makes the best factory correct wire harness? - 04/21/17 01:05 AM

Thanks, do they have a Website? I googled them without any luck.
Posted By: Tom_440

Re: Who makes the best factory correct wire harness? - 04/21/17 01:32 AM

I don't believe you can buy the harnesses directly from M&H. You might want to check around for YearOne discount codes as the harnesses are pricey.

https://www.yearone.com/Catalog/challenger.cuda/electrical/harnesses

Re: Who makes the best factory correct wire harness? - 04/21/17 05:20 PM

Thanks guys, M&H are the most accurate reproduction harnesses for mopars and Year One has the exclusive rights to sell them. Again that's for the help.
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: Who makes the best factory correct wire harness? - 04/21/17 06:19 PM

Megaparts sells them also. They have some sort of arrangement with Year One to sell M&H. Harnesses are often backordered and it can take months to get them. YO will leave you hanging as to when you will get them. Megaparts has great customer service so I would expect they'd at least give you information on when you can expect to get your harness.
Posted By: 1971 Gran Coupe

Re: Who makes the best factory correct wire harness? - 04/21/17 07:35 PM

I ordered one for a 71 big block awhile back and it was delivered in about a week. I waited for a 30% discount to save some $$$. Only way to go, MH at Year One. twocents
Posted By: Big Bad Bee

Re: Who makes the best factory correct wire harness? - 04/22/17 07:13 AM

I've called M&H directly to buy parts and pieces. You can buy from them but I'll bet they're cheaper through YO. Funny story. I called to buy the male bulkhead connectors. I told the old guy, "I have a couple I have salvaged but they just aren't in great shape." He replied, "Why would you want to put 45 year old crap on your car?"
beer
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Who makes the best factory correct wire harness? - 04/22/17 02:27 PM

Quote:
"Why would you want to put 45 year old crap on your car?"
Because in some cases the 45 year old crap is better then the China made alternative.
Posted By: 71rm23

Re: Who makes the best factory correct wire harness? - 04/22/17 06:58 PM

Quote:
Because in some cases the 45 year old crap is better then the China made alternative.

Agree and in many instances
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: Who makes the best factory correct wire harness? - 04/22/17 07:11 PM

I'll refurbish and rewrap my old stuff before putting the new stuff on, bad-wrong wire ends, to long-short. I helped install all new wires in my buddy's 73 Cuda, supposily the best, what a disappointment-mess. Asked him where the originals where, he threw them away he said?!!
Posted By: THESHAKERPROJECT

Re: Who makes the best factory correct wire harness? - 04/22/17 07:48 PM

I think MH is the only company that actually makes them . There are some others that make some of the engine harness and other smaller plug in harness but who beside MH make any of the dash OEM harness ?? Classic Industries also sell dash harness, probably also made by MH. Your best bet is to wait for a YO sale otherwise most all are same price and same harness.
Posted By: Bob J

Re: Who makes the best factory correct wire harness? - 04/22/17 08:47 PM

Anyone make a custom engine harness?
Posted By: wkroncke17

Re: Who makes the best factory correct wire harness? - 04/22/17 08:56 PM

Evans wiring harness
http://www.evanswiring.com

Bill Evans is a member here - "wce"

Great guy, awesome quality made right here in the good ole USA.
Posted By: Big Bad Bee

Re: Who makes the best factory correct wire harness? - 04/24/17 01:02 PM

Originally Posted By 71rm23
Quote:

Agree and in many instances

Yes. You are soooooo right. Whenever I run a crossed a soft rubber or plastic piece in good condition at the Pull n Save yard it's like striking gold. Thank God for the little old lady that kept her Chrysler Imperial tucked safely in the garage all those years.
© 2024 Moparts Forums