Moparts

Moving front seat back 1.5 inches a body

Posted By: Paul_Fancsali

Moving front seat back 1.5 inches a body - 04/05/17 08:58 PM

Hi does anyone know if there is enough room/ meat on a A body bench seat to move it back around inch and half? I'm talking about opening up the slots on frame of seat Thanks

Other suggestions welcomed I need the leg room
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Moving front seat back 1.5 inches a body - 04/06/17 12:48 AM

When I moved the seat back in my '66, I made some brackets to bolt the seat to, then bolted the brackets into the stock holes. IIRC, trying to move the seat back puts it behind the little crossmember the front mounts bolt into.
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: Moving front seat back 1.5 inches a body - 04/06/17 01:12 AM

Several Mopar vendors sell these brackets.

https://www.yearone.com/Product/challenger-cuda/sb246#prettyPhoto

I need a set myself, my knees don't bend like they once did and the distance between my shirt and steering wheel has become smaller.
Posted By: dogdays

Re: Moving front seat back 1.5 inches a body - 04/06/17 09:32 PM

I've noticed the same thing at McDonalds! Must be a conspiracy.

R.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Moving front seat back 1.5 inches a body - 04/06/17 11:14 PM

Look at your seat brackets to see if they have multiple holes for the mounting studs that go through the floor, their usually pressed into the middle holes scope I haven't neded to change any in my cars yet, I'm 6.0 Ft. tall so I can slide my seats all the way back to drive most of them comfortably shruggy
Posted By: burdar

Re: Moving front seat back 1.5 inches a body - 04/07/17 03:22 PM

Quote:
Look at your seat brackets to see if they have multiple holes for the mounting studs that go through the floor, their usually pressed into the middle holes

iagree The tracks on my 68 Dart have three places where you can insert the studs. I've got mine in the forward holes which moves the seat further back.
© 2024 Moparts Forums