Moparts

New style Dodge Dart clutch problems?

Posted By: 451Mopar

New style Dodge Dart clutch problems? - 03/16/17 05:59 PM

My son has a newer Dodge Dart. Not sure the exact year, maybe 2014? and the clutch sticks to the floor.

I did a quick google search and it seems to be a common problem.

Anyone know if this is covered under a recall?
Posted By: L.R Helbling

Re: New style Dodge Dart clutch problems? - 03/16/17 06:26 PM

I can't find the newer Dodge Dart in the recall list under any problem at all. Have a look for yourself and see.

https://www.safercar.gov/rs/chrysler/chrysler-vehicles-affected.html

Re: New style Dodge Dart clutch problems? - 03/16/17 06:31 PM

As far as I can find, it looks like there is not a recall, but found a class action lawsuit for the problem?

Started looking for replacement parts, and not really finding much aftermarket clutch and related parts.
Posted By: 76Beeper

Re: New style Dodge Dart clutch problems? - 03/16/17 06:52 PM

Yes there was.....I received a letter from Chrysler.
I don't have it here on my work computer.
I will scan it and post it tomorrow.

Re: New style Dodge Dart clutch problems? - 03/16/17 06:53 PM

Yes there was.....I received a letter from Chrysler.
I don't have it here on my work computer.
I will scan it and post it tomorrow.

Re: New style Dodge Dart clutch problems? - 03/17/17 12:03 AM

Cool, Thanks!
Posted By: moretoys

Re: New style Dodge Dart clutch problems? - 03/17/17 03:51 AM

don't see it is a recall, just A technical service bulletin that is under an extended warranty program. involves replace the clutch master cylinder and hose.

Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: New style Dodge Dart clutch problems? - 03/17/17 05:05 AM

I have a '14 Dart rally 6 speed. I've had the clutch pedal sticking to the floor problem occasionally. It always happened when first starting the car after it was parked, I'd pry it up with my toes and after feeling strange for a brief time it would return to normal.
I received a letter last winter from FCA saying some manual Darts and maybe another model like the Compass, had this problem and they were extending the warranty on the hydraulic clutch system to 60K miles iirc.
The problem with mine has been off and on, but it's been around a year since it last occurred on my car.
Hoping the problem is resolved itself on mine, but will be taking it in for the recall if it happens again.

Re: New style Dodge Dart clutch problems? - 03/17/17 01:32 PM

My bad....it is not a recall but an extended warranty. Moretoys posting is correct as is Mastershake340.
I have a 2013 SXT with a 6 speed and the 1.4 turbo. No issues with my clutch (yet).
Photobucket is taking its sweet a$$ time loading (must be the firewall my workplace has) I'll send it to my home computer and load it from there.

Re: New style Dodge Dart clutch problems? - 03/18/17 05:22 PM

Ok, lets see if this works.......

Re: New style Dodge Dart clutch problems? - 03/19/17 07:23 PM

Thank you. The car is a 2013 Dart SXT 2.0L 6-speed manual with 57,800 miles so I think he can get it repaired under the warranty.
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: New style Dodge Dart clutch problems? - 03/19/17 10:18 PM

They inspected mine while getting an oil change and did the warranty repair. I had never experienced the symptoms though.

2014 Dart SE 2.0L

Dennis
© 2024 Moparts Forums