Moparts

69 RR Convertible panel question

Posted By: cbusters

69 RR Convertible panel question - 03/02/17 06:15 AM

There is a filler panel that mounts behind the back seat with screws to the cross brace above the convertible top pump. It attaches to the large interior plastic panels and also anchors the boot front edge. What is this called in the parts manual and where is it located? Perhaps the code? Mine is missing and I am trying to locate all the little parts and want to know what to ask for. TIA
Posted By: TrueTripleX

Re: 69 RR Convertible panel question - 03/02/17 02:07 PM

PM me and i will send you some photos of the part. Larry
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: 69 RR Convertible panel question - 03/03/17 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By cbusters
There is a filler panel that mounts behind the back seat with screws to the cross brace above the convertible top pump. It attaches to the large interior plastic panels and also anchors the boot front edge. What is this called in the parts manual and where is it located? Perhaps the code? Mine is missing and I am trying to locate all the little parts and want to know what to ask for. TIA

Is '66-70 b body the same? I have a nice one if you need it.
Posted By: PurpleBeeper

Re: 69 RR Convertible panel question - 03/03/17 11:57 PM

Dang, I don't know the name, but I'm sure 68-70 is the same...not so sure about 66-67, but you never know.
Posted By: Dan C

Re: 69 RR Convertible panel question - 09/14/19 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by cbusters

Hi, I Have the same question. I realize this is an old post, but, I have spent hours looking through the assembly manual as well as searched threads with no luck. I have the panel, at least I think most of it, just trying to figure out how it all gets mounted back there. I bought the car as a basket case in boxes, so I never took it apart. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dan
Posted By: 70runner

Re: 69 RR Convertible panel question - 09/14/19 11:22 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: 69 RR Convertible panel question - 09/15/19 07:51 AM

OK, thanks. Looks like the top piece is missing on mine. Is that spot welded on?

Attached picture IMG_2647.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2646.JPG

Re: 69 RR Convertible panel question - 09/15/19 08:04 AM

Also, any idea where these go?

Attached picture IMG_2649.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2650.JPG
Posted By: cbusters

Re: 69 RR Convertible panel question - 09/15/19 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Dan C

I did not have those parts on my RR Conv and it is completed.
Posted By: biggE

Re: 69 RR Convertible panel question - 09/15/19 01:46 PM

It's a molding strip that covers the cross brace between the wheel wells. On the back side of the brace the strip that holds the well liner is screwed to it. The molding piece sits on top of the brace and at each end is a screw that holds the ends to the ears that are part of the rear interior panels.

Attached picture IM000347.JPG
Attached picture IM000346.JPG
Posted By: 70runner

Re: 69 RR Convertible panel question - 09/15/19 07:31 PM

Don't recognize the top (black) piece. Looks like it may be some sort of header panel with cutouts for convertible latches, but not b body.

Next group looks like window channel fuzzies, window sweeps.

Don't recognize the final group, though they bare slight resemblance to the alum piece that attaches to rear of cross brace, to hold well cover.

Here's another pic of the cross brace, I believe it's a single piece, not welded. The holes are reliefs for attaching the alum piece.

[Linked Image]

Re: 69 RR Convertible panel question - 09/16/19 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by 70runner

Don't recognize the top (black) piece. Looks like it may be some sort of header panel with cutouts for convertible latches, but not b body.

Next group looks like window channel fuzzies, window sweeps.

Don't recognize the final group, though they bare slight resemblance to the alum piece that attaches to rear of cross brace, to hold well cover.

Here's another pic of the cross brace, I believe it's a single piece, not welded. The holes are reliefs for attaching the alum piece.

[Linked Image]

Awesome, thank you very much!
© 2024 Moparts Forums